At Agilisys, not only is the nature of the work we do important, but everyone has an important role to play, from supporting private sector organisations to managing complex public services. We are a team of 1500 people responsible for delivering essential IT Services around the UK in areas including the NHS, Local government, large private sector organisations and more.
We are innovators and integrators, committed to Continual Service Improvement for the benefit of everyone.
Job Title: IT Shared Services Configuration Manager
Base location: Rochdale, Greater Manchester
There may on occasion be an element of travel within the UK and overnight stays can be expected.
About the role
This is a key role within IT Service Management at Agilisys reporting into the Head of Service Management.
The role of the IT Shared Services Configuration Manager is to manage and govern the day-to-day operational delivery of the ITIL process to support Configuration Management.
The role also has responsibility to define the configuration strategy to build a robust and consistent way of working with the asset owners and stakeholders.
Develop the configuration management standards, plans and procedures ensuring that these documents are kept up to date
Reporting to the Head of Service Management, as a Configuration Manager you will work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders such as asset owners, ITIL process owners, technical support team leads, clients and business stakeholders to implement the defined Configuration Management Processes.
The role is responsible for evaluating existing Service Management Tools to ensure that it is configured to meet the requirements.
Ensure that the data held within the CMDB is accurate and up to date.
Review Changes to assess impact to CMDB.
Ensure Cis are controlled in conjunction with Change Management and establish the baseline for services.
Ensure that Cis statuses are captured, e.g. live, in test, decommissioned etc
Key Role Deliverables
- Provide a consistent and rigorous framework for effective Configuration Management.
- Ensuring that configuration baselines are established for key services.
- To ensure that the discovery processes that populate the CMDB are maintained and effective.
- To produce required reports and management information for processes when required.
- To validate that the physical IT inventory is consistent with the CMDB and to take appropriate, corrective action where discrepancies are identified.
- To identify configuration items that are performing poorly and recommend improvement actions.
- To ensure that other ITIL processes are able to utilise the CMDB effectively.
- To inform the hardware and software refresh strategy and policy.
Key Working Relationships
- Working with stakeholders, clients, and functional teams to develop, foster, excellent working relationships across Agilisys.
- Supporting the problem management function through identification of poorly performing CIs
- Supporting change and release management through establishing configuration management baselines that allows change to be applied in a controlled way
- Routinely engage and collaborate with IT Shared Services Teams, Client Delivery Teams and Clients with demonstrable customer-facing skills and provide clear and effective reporting.
Analytical and Judgement Skills
- Continuously evaluates existing Service Management tools to ensure that it is configured to meet requirements of the defined process and procedures, so when changes are made to process and procedures it is ensured that this is implemented within the Service Management tool
- Undertake ongoing Continuous Service Improvement activities for the process
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the process; ensuring operating procedures are documented to support the activities
Planning and Organising
- Monitor and control the Configuration Management process, using qualitative and quantitative Key Performance Indicators.
- Ability to take undefined or requirements lacking definition and translate these into a defined requirement sets.
- Plan the scope (level of Cis), discovery, approach and policies for Configuration Management.
Strategy/Policy/Service Development and Implementation
- Implement policies and the process to support best practise within ITIL disciplines specifically for Configuration Management.
- Ensure that Cis are discovered effectively and captured in the Service Management Tool (Service Now)
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of all services provided by the IT Shared Services Teams.
- Develop working relationships and processes to underpin the activities required for Configuration Management.
Research, Development and Audit
- Ensure adherence to existing governing policies and standards.
How will you stand out?
- Strong experience and knowledge of Configuration Management principles and methodologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Service Now and experience of an end to end implementation of CMDB.
- Experience of working with internal business and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience across ITIL disciplines specifically for Configuration Management.
- The ability to review and produce reporting.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Sense of thoroughness and initiative.
- Knowledge of the working practices and infrastructure within Operations Centres and Service Desks
- Experience of Asset or Configuration Management within Service Management Toolsets across multiple clients.
What's in it for you?
Agilisys is an employee owned organisation that delivers success through innovation, working with public sector partners to help them transform services that make a real difference to millions of people across the UK.
At Agilisys, we are passionate about people who are passionate about technology and digital disruption. We pride ourselves on our integrity towards our colleagues and our clients and strive to be the transformation and operating partner of choice to the public sector.
We are collaborative in the way we work, and our agile and dynamic environment poses a number of opportunities for exposure to new technologies and ways of working. As an Employee Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a real say in the direction that the business is heading.
As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EBT
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.