The Agilisys Cloud Practice is growing rapidly and sits at the heart of how Agilisys is seeking to become the “Technology Partner of Choice for the UK Public Sector.” We are looking for an individual that advocates for Agilisys’ cloud services with clients, and who embodies the core Agilisys values of Partnership, Integrity, Innovation and Passion.
The Cloud Engineer is an important role that will provide engineering expertise across the practice’s cloud migration programmes and engagements.
The role holder will be familiar with managing public cloud infrastructures, across Azure, AWS and VMware and will be actively engaged within cloud programmes providing delivery and deployment activities for cloud migration projects. The role will require infrastructure and application assessment to document system knowledge reports, working with an architect and project managers to support ongoing projects as well as being involved in the application migration workstreams, using tools such as Azure Site Recovery, River Meadow and Carbonite as well as manual methods to migrate application stacks to the new platforms.
This is a full-time role, and will require some travel, however, we are flexible with location such as home-based for the right candidate.
How will you spend your days?
This role is involved in all aspects of cloud engineering based on platforms such as VMware, Microsoft Azure and AWS. The role holder will be experienced in supporting and delivering Hybrid cloud migrations as well as native.
The key responsibilities are:
- Supporting and encouraging Diversity and Inclusion within the team and the wider organisation
- Synchronisation of data and systems to migrate servers and applications to the cloud
- Building public cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud services and configuration using Infrastructure as Code and/or manual processes.
- Conduct system validation and performance testing and compile runbooks and reports
- Analysis of cloud and on-premises infrastructure and servers to define and execute migration run-books
- Remediation of infrastructure issues and support of testing prior to, and during, migrations and early life support for applications
- Root cause analysis of faults and identification and remediation of incidents
- Working within a migration team to deliver migration programmes
How to stand out?
You will have an established track record, with at least 3 years of implementing and maintaining servers and associated back office IT infrastructure for small and medium sized organisations, including support and migration.
In addition, at least 1 years of experience working with cloud technologies is key, you will hold at least one appropriate AWS and/or Azure foundation, associate, or professional certification.
Ideally, you will also have experience of working within or with the UK public sector but relevant experience in the private sector will suffice.
What’s in it for you?
We’re based across the UK operating out of various customer sites, with London, Hammersmith being our company headquarters. We offer flexible working and a great corporate benefits scheme:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EOT
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy more)
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership