At Agilisys, not only is the nature of the work we do important, but everyone has an important role to play, from supporting private sector organisations to managing complex public services. We are a team of 1500 people responsible for delivering essential IT Services around the UK in areas including the NHS, local government, large private sector organisations and more.
The quality of our people is critical to our continued success and we are looking for an enthusiastic and competent Field Engineer, looking for an exciting career opportunity with an eagerness to learn and pick up new skills. You should be a real team player, reporting to our Field Support lead, you will assist in the day to day incident and service request resolution, routine maintenance, project support, monitoring and development of the Field/Desktop support area.
As a member of the Field/Desktop team you will play a key role in our service delivery and be seen as one of the faces of ICT, so professional appearance and conduct is of the highest importance. Working closely with ICT colleagues and business users you will ensure that all work is completed to the highest standards and within SLA targets.
We are looking for a candidate that is keen to develop their skills and knowledge constantly, continuously looking at improvements to current processes, producers and aware of new technologies that can be investigated and utilised.
Position is on a secure site in The City of London and Security Clearance will be required for this role.
How will you stand out?
You will have experience and competencies across the below:
- Hardware support (laptops, desktops, docking stations / port replicators, Mitel telephony, printers and MFD’s).
- Supporting of Windows 7 – 10, Active Directory, McAfee Antivirus, SCCM, Microsoft Office 2013 & 2016 (Knowledge of Office 365 & InTune useful.)
- Good understanding of corporate networks and firewalls (no administration required but an understanding of how these impact field support areas)
- Service desk and SLA priority environment.
- Troubleshooting of Corporate networks and Infrastructure.
- Experience of supporting a wide range of desktop applications within a corporate environment and their interaction with ICT systems.
- Install replacement components within Desktops & Laptops.
- Use of windows deployment technologies (MDT & WDS).
- Proven ability in desktop and application support.
- Asset Management & Redundant IT Equipment processes.
- Experience with disk encryption software (Bitlocker)
- Excellent all round communication skills, written & oral.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to drive on-time delivery of tasks.
- Knowledge of ITil V3 with Foundation certificate would also be beneficial.
Agilisys is an employee owned organisation that delivers success through innovation, working with public sector partners to help them transform services that make a real difference to millions of people across the UK.
At Agilisys, we are passionate about people who are passionate about technology and digital disruption. We pride ourselves on our integrity towards our colleagues and our clients and strive to be the transformation and operating partner of choice to the public sector.
We are collaborative in the way we work, and our agile and dynamic environment poses a number of opportunities for exposure to new technologies and ways of working. As an Employee Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a real say in the direction that the business is heading.
As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EOT
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.