Agilisys, an employee owned organisation, is one of the UK’s fastest growing and innovative cloud and digital transformation specialists, enabling organisations to adopt technologies, platforms and processes that promote new ways of working. An established partner for both the public and private sector for nearly two decades, we have earned a strong reputation and hold deep domain expertise delivering change and innovation, particularly within local and central government. We support our customers through a network of offices and centres of excellence throughout the UK, employing over 1,500 employees across the UK.
Stemming from one of UK’s leading digital venture builder, Agilisys is home to people that love solving complex problems and making change happen by having a passion for technology and digital disruption. As an Employee Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a real say in the direction that the business is heading.
In Customer Experience Management (CXM) practice, we work with our clients to design and deliver solutions that can involve creation of services and operating models, building business cases and the subsequent change programmes; undertaking whole system/service evaluations or delivering complex multi-partner implementations – no job is the same.
We bring an insightful, questioning and highly informed perspective and our people are driven by the quest to keep delivering next-generation business and digital solutions to solve our public and private sector clients' challenges.
How will you spend your days?
Our Architects will have an overall responsibility for the strategic technical developments of a digital platform and legacy applications in alignment with Agilisys and our client's technical principles and policies. You will work closely with our clients to determine standards and methods to support the development of their solutions as well as providing advice and support to solution and technical architects.
You will recommend and participate in the analysis, evaluation and development of long-term IT enterprise strategy and operating plans to ensure that the solution objectives are consistent with the enterprise’s long-term business objectives
- To work with our IT Professional and Transformation Services teams to translate Business Technology and Products Strategy into solutions for our diverse client base in the UK
- Review solution delivery with the Agilisys Design Authority and Project Management to ensure compliance with defined strategy and architecture and assess the impact of deviations
- Champion the use of good design principles and ensure that non-functional requirements such as scalability, security, availability, reliability and performance are addressed
- Communicate complex IT architecture in business terms to internal and external stakeholders at all levels and explain how solutions/strategies address their current and future needs
- Mentor and coach less experienced team members, embedding the technical architecture strategy in their thinking and delivery, and encourage collaborative sharing of best practices and design patterns
- Support and encourage innovation through continuous review and appraisal of the developments in technology and assess how these will impact our solutions, business and architecture strategy
- Assist with bids for new work and build business cases for new technology implementations
- Providing support and advice in end user migration methodologies and techniques
- Maintains knowledge of IT infrastructure architecture, standards and practices and consistently applies these standards
- Create and maintain technical documentation to facilitate efficient planning, execution and handover into BAU
How to stand out?
- Minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree in either Business or Computer Science studies and Masters or MBA preferred.
- At least TOGAF 9 Foundation qualification. ideally TOGAF 9 Certified.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud solutions. (Azure Architect) and desirably to be Microsoft Professional Cloud Solutions Architect Certified.
- Desirable to be AWS Certified Solution Architect or Axelos ITIL Master certified
- Ability to lead analysis and assessment of systems and determine overall technical needs and effort.
- Experience with Applications and Technology Architectures including Microsoft Dynamics 365 CE, Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure.
- Deep knowledge of solution design, implementation and testing
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to explain complex ideas, simply, to a range of audience.
- Robust knowledge of Security Architectures
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, helping transform services that improve the way people and businesses interact. We will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Agilisys offers flexible working and is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. On top of that we offer flexible working and a great corporate benefits scheme:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EOT
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.