AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics and cell and gene therapies. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply, Right, On time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com.
The Contract Specialist (Indirect Spend) is responsible for development, management and execution of Procurement Strategic Sourcing activities for indirect goods and services for AGC Biologics to include but not limited to: spend management, supplier compliance, supplier contracts, supplier RFI/RFP/RFQ, supplier prospect analysis, qualification and selection, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), risk management, and network optimization. The position is responsible for executing indirect sourcing activities for assigned categories with the goal of establishing required documentation and programs to improve Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), total cost, quality and delivery.
- Monitor, evaluate, identify and qualify potential suppliers, communicate performance, develop and manage long-term partnership.
- Negotiate with vendors on Terms and Conditions and pricing.
- Communicate and enforce vendor governance in sourcing decisions, as required.
- Distribute Mutual Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement (CDAs) and Master Service Agreements (MSAs) to potential new and/or current suppliers.
- Assist in developing requests for information (RFIs), requests for quotations (RFQs) and requests for proposal (RFPs) leveraging internal systems and tools.
- Coordinate with required internal support group(s) to ensure contractual and procedural compliance (legal, etc.).
- Manage the contract execution process by resolving problems, mitigating delays, mediating disputes, and escalating issues.
- Assess and articulate contractual risks and escalate as necessary.
- Support sourcing and contract management processes: cost savings/avoidance tracking; contract discovery for legacy agreements or contractual inquiries; creating, updating, and managing process documentation.
- Support the development and implementation of Vendor Management best practices.
- Manage contract sourcing tool for contract demand, review processes and execution.
- Manage Vendor Management status reports
- Complete/participate in special projects as assigned to support contracts team and initiatives.
- Optimize contract processes and procedures to increase quality and efficiency of review and compliance at a fast-paced and growing organization
- Draft, review and negotiate, in connection with the Legal department, that establish business relationships with suppliers
- Analyze contracts to ensure compliance to company policy, government regulations, revenue recognition requirements, and other requirements
- Interact directly with administrators, purchasing personnel; attorneys representing our suppliers, with support of AGC legal counsel
- Assist with identification and implementation of SCM best practices and industry standards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understanding of total cost of ownership, lead-time, and risk across the category
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent people skills
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes on a continuous basis
- Knowledge of procurement concepts, global supply chain processes, activities, and trends
- Excellent negotiation skills with both large and small suppliers globally
- Excellent time-management and general organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key partners across the company
- Working knowledge of MSFT applications (Word, Excel, PP, Outlook)
- MRP/ERP experience, Dynamics 365 preferred
- Basic knowledge of SOX/JSOX – highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines and time constraints
- Ability to establish successful cross-functional relationships
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the company
- General understanding of indirect spend category
- General understanding of cGMP biopharmaceutical manufacturing
- BS degree in related field required (i.e. Operations, Supply Chain, Finance)
- 4 -6+ years’ procurement/sourcing experience in mid-to-large multinational companies (life sciences, medical device, or pharmaceutical industries preferred). Experience will determine job level.
- Experience using ERP systems in a cGMP environment required; experience with Axapta 365 preferred.
- Experience supporting RFP/RFQ, supplier selection, project execution, cost and timing management and project close activities.
- Equivalent education and experience may substitute for stated requirements
$59,760 - $103,070 Annually
Fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges. Final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to experience levels, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Benefits available to Team Members include subsidized insurance for the Team Member and designated dependents (medical, vision, dental, life and disability), eligibility to participate in the AGC Biologics 401(k) plan (including a generous matching contribution from the company and immediate vesting), vacation, sick time, and parental leave.
Team Members are also eligible to receive a discretionary annual bonus commensurate to the level of the role. The payout is based on both the company’s performance and the Team Member’s performance.
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.