AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply, Right, on time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com.
The Second Shift Materials Control Specialist I-III will work collaboratively with others, performing various Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Warehouse processes. The ideal candidate possesses strong multi-tasking skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with limited supervision. Provides exceptional customer service to our customers internal and external.
Shift hours- 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm Monday to Friday
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist supervisor with training personnel and creation of job aids for warehouse and materials management functions, ERP functions.
- Perform timely and accurate transactions in ERP and related inventory/data management systems. Ability to perform all functions as receiver or shipper
- Support monitoring, ordering, and handling of supplies and materials used in facilities and manufacturing operations. Dispenses materials to support manufacturing. Includes handling hazardous materials, detailed measurement/portioning, performing aseptic technique in a clean room setting
- Help organize and clean warehouse, ensures material identification, status, location, movement, and quantities are accurate, timely and correct.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement related to warehouse operations, processes, and procedures, to produce reduction of labor, or improvement in quality or accuracy.
- Conduct cycle counts, inventory/discrepancy research and coordinates year end physical count.
- Understand and adhere to SOPs and cGMP compliance regarding materials control in multiple storage locations and conditions. Understands rules and regulations on hazmat shipping domestically and internationally, as well as procedures and shipping requirements for safe transit of high value materials via parcel or freight.
- Focus on receiving, shipping, packing and dispensing of materials and hazardous goods.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of job aids, training materials, and qualification processes.
- Ensures warehouse safety standards are upheld, and notifies management staff of any issues, observations, or concerns regarding violations, or potential enhancements to department safety. Ability to generate Job Safety Analysis suggestions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to handle key inventory item processing; API, Cell Banks, Vial Pulls
- Ability to regularly generate process and initiate improvement suggestions to support key initiatives proposed by management
- Ability to complete HAZMAT training, a requirement for performing portions of the work
- Ability to operate hand truck, lift trucks and other equipment.
- IATA and/or hazardous good handling certifications completed or ability to immediately begin training and qualification and shipping training
- Ability to communicate clearly and interact constructively with peers and departments.
- Basic Computer literacy and ability to perform accurate transactions.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, with or without assistance of tandem lift or other materials handling equipment
- Good attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- MC Specialist I requires 2+ years of experience in materials management or inventory control positions in cGMP environment.
- MC Specialist II requires 2 - 4+ years of experience in materials management or inventory control positions in cGMP environment.
- MC Specialist III requires a minimum of 5+ years of experience in materials management or inventory control positions in cGMP environment and at least 5 years’ experience handling and transacting lot-controlled inventory (preferably in a GMP environment).
- APICS, NAPM, or CLM certification or equivalent training is highly desirable 7)
- Extended use and experience with ERP, MRP and inventory management systems
$18.23 - $35.27 Hourly
Fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges. Final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to experience levels, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Benefits available to Team Members include subsidized insurance for the Team Member and designated dependents (medical, vision, dental, life and disability), eligibility to participate in the AGC Biologics 401(k) plan (including a generous matching contribution from the company and immediate vesting), vacation, sick time, and parental leave.
Team Members are also eligible to receive a discretionary annual bonus commensurate to the level of the role. The payout is based on both the company’s performance and the Team Member’s performance.
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.