AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics and cell and gene therapies. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply, Right, On time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician II-III executes, maintains and improves, buildings equipment, facilities and utility PM Program. This is a key position that ensures the reliable operation of the facility and utility systems for the new Bio-Manufacturing Facility, as well as maintaining the current operation of the existing facilities.
- Perform preventative maintenance work on equipment such as steam boilers, HVAC systems, pumps, pneumatic valves, fire sprinkler systems, compressed air/vacuum systems and other utility systems and equipment supporting the facility and manufacturing areas.
- Perform troubleshooting, installations and repairs of complex instrumentation on laboratory and facility systems, ensuring all systems are maintained in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and AGC Biologics internal SOP's.
- Maintain a safe work environment; work in a safe manner following all safety SOP's and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Support Facility fit/finish on campus to ensure inspection readiness and general facility upkeep for support of clinical and commercial manufacturing.
- Complete maintenance work orders and PM’s within the allotted time.
- Maintain all assigned maintenance records, work orders, and training in an orderly and accurate manner in compliance with cGMP's by the utilization of the site CMMS and Document Management Systems.
- Support Regulatory and Internal Audits / Inspections and utilizing good documentation practices.
- Assist with Vendors to get maintenance quotes, etc. and interface with maintenance contractors, ensuring work is compliant with AGC’s policies and procedures within the facility.
- Assist in the review and development of Maintenance Department Procedures.
- Assist in the development of investigations and initiation of any documentation resulting from Quality Events with respect to the Facility.
- Provide training, coaching and technical direction to lower level Maintenance Technicians.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies including FDA, OSHA, CFR, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of maintenance procedures and techniques related to facility and utility systems such as: Emergency generators, Fire systems, steam/hot water boilers, vacuum pumps, Incubators, Analytical equipment, and Process tanks, laboratory equipment/systems, as well as facility construction/civil work.
- Intermediate to advanced written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Intermediate to advanced analytical and problem solving skills and experience applying these skills to resolve technical problems.
- Intermediate to advanced skills and experience in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Computer literacy in a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Software) such as Blue Mountain or similar computer based maintenance program desirable.
- Intermediate to advanced ability to works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations to management.
- Knowledgeable of Electrical, Mechanical, Building Automation Control, PLCs, Process Improvement Methodologies, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Utilities Process and construction and facility repairs desirable.
- Knowledgeable of documentation requirements for cGMP manufacturing desirable.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills, customer focus, and professionalism.
- Ability to read, interpret, and troubleshoot engineering drawings, P&IDs, and electrical schematics with assistance when needed.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively without constant supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs of various heights.
- Ability to be exposed to wet or humid conditions and outdoor weather conditions.
- Ability to be exposed to noisy environments.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 45 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds briefly.
- High School diploma with a minimum of 5-7 years of overall experience in maintenance related activities required; Associates degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field desired.
- Experience in a cGMP or other FDA regulated operation or a bio-tech facility is preferred.
- Experience with Start-Up & Commissioning of cGMP Facility is preferred.
- NOTE: Job level and compensation will be determined based on selected candidate experience/skillset
- Equivalent education and experience may substitute for stated requirements.
$26 - $39 hourly
Fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges. Final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to experience levels, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Benefits available to Team Members include subsidized insurance for the Team Member and designated dependents (medical, vision, dental, life and disability), eligibility to participate in the AGC Biologics 401(k) plan (including a generous matching contribution from the company and immediate vesting), vacation, sick time, and parental leave.
Team Members are also eligible to receive a discretionary annual bonus commensurate to the level of the role. The payout is based on both the company’s performance and the Team Member’s performance.
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.