AGC Biologics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Asahi Glass Company (AGC), is one of the industry leading CDMOs in reliability, technical excellence, and quality — Right and On Time. AGC is a $12B Japanese-owned and publicly traded company based in Tokyo with over 50,000 employees in 30 countries.
With facilities in the USA, Japan, Denmark and Germany, AGC Biologics provides fully integrated biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing solutions to clients globally. The Company has proven expertise in delivering custom solutions for the scale-up and cGMP manufacture of protein-based therapeutics for pre-clinical, clinical, and commercial production.
AGC Biologics is experiencing growth in customer base and revenue, expanding personnel, development and manufacturing capacity as well as distinguishing itself in the market with unique technology offerings for clients.
Job Summary Senior Project Engineer (m/w/d):
AGC Biologics GmbH in Heidelberg, Germany, is looking for a committed Senior Project Engineer to support the ambitious investment program of the site, which includes significant green-field activities and enlargement of the existing facilities. Main tasks are to support the production-oriented and technical based design, coordinate, guide and support the planning in the area of biotechnological manufacturing and the implementation of investments.
- The state of the art design based on production perspective, scientific and technical development, safety and sustainability viewpoint
- Management of large investment projects during all project phases
- Definition of project goals and the schedule in cooperation with users and suppliers
- Responsible for achieving the overall project goals in terms of safety, quality, costs, and schedule
- Representation of the overall project to the steering committee and other stakeholders
- Coordination of the team members in all project phases
- Consideration of all aspects of environmental protection, occupational safety and GMP compliance
- Completed technical studies in the field of biochemical engineering or biotechnology or comprehensive knowledge in operation of biotechnological plants in fermentation, midstream and downstream processing
- 8+ years of professional experience in biopharmaceutical industry, preferred in contract manufacturing organizations
- Good knowledge of relevant guidelines and regulations
- Strong communication skills, customer orientation and the ability to deal with ambiguities and conflicts
- Very good German and English Skills
- Team spirit combined with a responsible, structured and proactive working style
- Desire to take on challenges and ready to take responsibility
Join an international and agile organization
AGC Biologics offers a dynamic working place with good opportunities of working with a varied array of tasks and challenges. You will get insight into and experience with the way the various departments throughout a contract manufacturing organization interact in order to achieve success. Exciting and challenging assignments will constantly come your way, and you will to a large extent be able to plan your daily work yourself. AGC Biologics offers an informal working environment, where humor is part of the daily work life. We respect each other and our individual differences. AGC Biologic’s employees have a flexible attitude and we help each other to reach deadlines together as one team.
Send your application using the APPLY bottom below (please note, only applications received through the APPLY bottom will be processed) as soon as possible. We process the applications as we receive them, and qualified applicants can expect to be interviewed before the deadline. For further information regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact Stefan Kraus, Head of Engineering.
We look forward to hearing from you.
AGC Biologics GmbH
Phone: 06221 / 9026-0