AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics and cell and gene therapies. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply, Right. On time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com.
The Senior Director, Business Development – Mammalian/Microbial has primary responsibility for business development and sales in the Protein segment by identifying, evaluating, recommending and negotiating value-added development and manufacturing contracts for plasmid, mammalian and microbial clients.
- Manage the preparation of all proposals, proposal revisions and process change orders together with Business Operations.
- Support the execution of business development and sales strategy for global AGC Biologics’ offering(s) to life sciences companies by directly engaging with clients via phone, email, and in-person sales meetings (in partnership with sales leadership) to represent the capabilities, value proposition, and execution model.
- Facilitate rapid execution of the sales process by coordinating across company stakeholders to conceptualize the structure of joint projects and partnerships, lead the development of proposals, and support sales staff and executive leadership in closing deals.
- Maintain and own the applicable sales pipeline data for AGC Biologics’ offerings using our CRM software; present progress to sales and firm-wide leadership on a regular basis.
- Identify lead and close sales that promote company visibility, growth and profitability. Formulate and implement strategies that substantially increase revenue and market share in the region.
- Establish contact with prospective clients that meet targeted profile. Visit clients and communicate company capabilities with appropriate personnel.
- Facilitate site visits by prospective clients. Set agenda, coordinate team participation and lead discussions. Follow up with clients after the site visit. Communicate client feedback and develop strategies to address concerns raised, if any. Lead the closing of client deals.
- Actively participate in the development of a comprehensive and effective marketing plan for the region.
- Build and sustain effective relationships and alliances both internally and externally to ensure that business opportunities are identified, analyzed and pursued in a timely manner. May be responsible for assisting in the negotiation of Strategic Account Agreements acting at times as the primary company representative.
- Develop, nurture and maintain a positive, constructive and trusting working relationship with members of the relevant teams at the global sites, as well as the Business Development Team.
- Coordinate both internal and external technical, legal and/or financial due diligence activities on specific business opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice to dos; focuses on the critical tasks that really add value and puts aside or delays the rest.
- Must be well organized, resourceful with the ability to plan ahead; effective and efficient at managing multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; gets a message across effectively.
- At ease and relaxed; easy to talk to and get to know; listens attentively; has a positive and appropriate sense of humor; deals calmly with sensitive and urgent situations.
- Willing to travel to AGC Biologics sites globally and to client locations.
- Dynamic, hands on professional with 10+ years of proven success driving Business Development/Sales activities preferably in the CMO industry.
- Bachelor degree in a scientific discipline.
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.