AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply. Right. On time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com.
We are currently looking for an EHS Specialist to join the AGC Biologics team. This position will provide technical EHS expertise to support the development, implementation and maintainence of a safe working environment and safety culture at the AGC Biologics – Boulder and Longmont, CO facilities. The programs supervised by this position may include but are not limited to: environmental permitting, waste management, hazard communication, lockout/tagout, fall protection, emergency response, incident trending and contractor safety management.
This position assists in assessing, developing and managing key EHS risks which impact site operations. It provides technical guidance and support to the site to maintain compliance with federal, state and local regulations and will assist in external regulatory agency inspections and communications.
- Assist in the development, implementation and execution of AGC Biologics EHS policies, procedures and activities to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Review EHS regulations and update policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Oversee chemical inventory management for SDS management and SARA compliance and reporting.
- Manage the site’s waste management programs (hazardous/non-hazardous), regulated medical waste, waste recycling and universal waste.
- Assist in the development of EHS training programs and conduct training on EHS regulatory and hazard awareness topics. Assist in the administration of the EHS learning management system.
- Provide EHS oversight and support to AGC Biologics construction projects to ensure contractor compliance with safety rules and company policies. Work closely with contractor supervision, project managers and AGC Biologics staff to evaluate planned construction activities. Review project and job safety work plans to ensure safe design, safety and fire code compliance, and environmental protection.
- Review and analyze safety incidents and near misses. Partner with managers and employees to identify and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Participate in formal reviews of equipment modifications, new equipment purchases, and changes in site processes to assess potential EHS impacts. This includes process safety, ergonomics, job task safety and personal protective equipment. Recommend improvements in processes, design, procedures and equipment to minimize hazard potential.
- Lead and participate in inspections and audits to assess compliance with EHS programs, policies and management system elements. Assist in the administration of the site’s EHS auditing, incident management and corrective action tracking system.
- Provide support to the Safety Committee(s) and prepare and/or assist with tracking, trending and communicating incidents, EHS metrics and audit reports.
- Perform industrial hygiene monitoring including, but not limited to noise measurements and personal air sampling. Recommend process improvements and controls to minimize employee exposures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of emergency plans, procedures and drills. Participate on the site’s emergency response teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Professional EHS certification or the desire to attain certification (CSP) is strongly preferred.
- Experience with CDPHE and fully knowledgeable of Colorado environmental regulations strongly preferred.
- Functional knowledge in regulatory requirements, technical aspects training, auditing / program review, regulatory agency enforcement, EHS waste vendor / consultant management, emergency preparedness and fire protection / life safety.
- Strong communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal and influence management skills.
- Computer proficiency in software applications required for analyzing, monitoring, reporting and presentations.
- Able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks without losing momentum.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment to cultivate employee commitment to a high-performance, safe work culture
- Able to work on a flexible work schedule including an on-call basis supporting 24/7 lab and manufacturing operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science or Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of EHS experience in a manufacturing or lab environment preferred.
$69,750 - $83,700 annually
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.