AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe, and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics and cell and gene therapies. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply, Right, On time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com
The Director, Enterprise Applications is responsible for global application development, testing, and support, including data integration. Leveraging a team of highly skilled, senior technical professionals, employs strong functional business knowledge for decision making, and uses strong proficiency with business process re-engineering to ensure application needs are met in the current state and anticipated for the future state. This role ensures that Enterprise Applications projects and portfolios are defined, tracked, and communicated in a consistent and effective manner, incorporating effective release, and change and risk management controls within an end-to-end service delivery model.
The Director, Enterprise Applications works closely with leadership across various groups for the purpose of identifying, recommending, developing, implementing, and supporting cost-effective technology solutions that are scalable and align with an “automation-first” environment. Across phases of hyper-growth and stability, the Director, Enterprise Applications, prioritizes human capital deployment, establishes structure in a flexible manner that allows all team members to thrive in a fast-paced environment. They elevate change resilience, reliability, and security within the group and across its projects, all while cultivating and maintaining a culture centered on the power of purpose and effective communication. In the face of changing priorities, they exemplify a high sense of urgency and commitment to supporting all of their internal client groups so that greater business objectives are consistently met.
- Defines and executes on the tactical and strategic roadmap for the Enterprise Applications department; accountable for portfolio projects and ensuring that service delivery is feasible, timely, cost-effective, secure, compliant, and of maximum quality.
- Leads a team of senior business/enterprise application professionals/managers and ensures that strategic and tactical decisions for business tools and applications are effectively carried out. Responsible for taking proof-of-concept to a mission critical service.
- Leads strategic technological planning as it relates to applications and cloud-based distributed systems to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, development, deployment, and management of current and future application technologies with all stakeholders.
- Drives and introduces automation and orchestration of manual processes to improve efficiency.
- Manages the expenses (operating and capital) for Enterprise Application budgets in conjunction with finance to ensure all funding requests follow the appropriate governance processes.
- Ensures compliance with quality and security processes and procedures, identifying and addressing any compliance issues.
- Ensures full analysis related to third party vendors and resources, including quality, spend, delivery and all other necessary metrics; manages strategy and agreements, ensuring value-add for deployment on prioritized initiatives.
- Meets with governance committees, business leaders, decision makers, and end users to advise on high impact initiatives and consult on strategy.
- Guarantees the effectiveness of all aspects of the application lifecycle: requirements analysis and definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment.
- Insures the successful delivery of all enterprise application related projects within the defined timelines.
- Builds and maintains strong internal client relationships. Identifies and investigates current and potential clients’ application needs; stated and unstated. Proactively develops competitive solutions and proposals to address needs. Maintains internal client satisfaction through regular feedback requests, strong communication, and business reviews.
- Determines, establishes and tracks progress against agreed upon service levels.
- Establishes strong partnerships with vendors; negotiates access agreements, establishes service level agreements, and ensures contracts are in place to meet organizational needs.
- Matures IT Application support processes, procedures and tools.
- Stays abreast of new and evolving market trends, best practices, and industry specific information. Researches, monitors, and analyzes trends related to enterprise applications specific to the industry, and beyond. Provides thought leadership, insights, and recommendations for optimizing enterprise applications and streamlining processes.
- Provides strong leadership in the recruitment, training and development of top-quality enterprise application talent, ensuring the high level of performance and productivity. Builds morale, motivates and instills productivity and teamwork, creates and promotes a positive and supportive work environment. Creates a culture of continuous improvement for processes, systems, data, training, people, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 10+ years of increasingly complex Enterprise Applications experience including System Analysis, Design, Procurement, Testing, Implementation, Documentation, Vendor Management, and License Management.
- Proven ability to develop and implement a strategic Enterprise Applications roadmap to build and achieve a best-in-class organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and motivate EA teams to effectively and efficiently accomplish goals. Ability to create a sense of “team.”
- Proven experience building and improving processes and promoting quality.
- Superior negotiation skills; proven track record of successfully negotiating with large high profile suppliers and vendors. Ability to analyze and influence business terms and conditions with vendors to ensure minimum risk related to company purchases.
- Proven experience managing software vendors and contract requirements.
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of multiple concurrent projects serving multiple constituencies and sponsors.
- Working knowledge and practical experience of computer and application integration / validation (preferably using GAMP methodology), cGMPs, and 21 CFR Part 11 in an FDA regulated environment
- Strong understanding of business processes and requirements
- Calmness and clarity of thought while under pressure.
- The ability to uphold the goals and culture of the organization.
- Intellectually curious with a strong bias to action.
- Client focused and highly collaborative.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm in a dynamic corporate environment.
- Critical thinker; able to evaluate and distill multiple streams of information, formulate and ask important questions, then make informed recommendations and/or decisions.
- Superior decision-making skills with established understanding of business implication of decisions.
- Understands the importance of "big picture" thinking and planning. Able to apply business acumen to focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Capable of listening and obtaining clarification, changing approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to effectively partner with cross-functional teams to coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Highly persuasive; can build rapport and effectively influence the actions and opinions of others at all levels of the organization. Able to effectively and respectfully challenge the status quo and drive change.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate multiple tasks and support projects of varying complexity concurrently.
- Driven to learn and a commitment to keeping current with best practices and emerging industry trends in a quickly evolving sector.
- Established history of taking a thoughtful action-oriented approach for meeting the demands of multiple internal customers and operational needs.
- Ability to maintain steady leadership throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with a global organization.
- 10+ years of overall experience with 5+ in an Enterprise Applications Management role supporting an enterprise application portfolio, preferably in a GMP environment
- 5+ years of Vendor oversight and management
- 5+ years leading, mentoring, and growing a diverse IT team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, and/or related field
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.