AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply. Right. On time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com.
We are currently looking for a Quality Control Associate II - Microbiology to join the AGC Biologics team. This position will focus on performing microbial and environmental monitoring assays, facility qualification, and testing of purified water and cleaning samples. This position may also review data, execute validation studies, and support commissioning of laboratory instruments. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, organized, and have the ability to work independently. Experience in a GMP Microbiology laboratory is preferred. This may be a Sunday through Wednesday or a Wednesday through Saturday (4- 10 hour) Day Shift, position.
- Complete microbiology and environmental monitoring assays, including bioburden, endotoxin, conductivity and total organic carbon (TOC).
- Perform sampling of water for injection, air, clean steam, compressed gas and facility surfaces in ISO classified manufacturing spaces.
- Support projects / initiatives / team goals by delivering on all assigned tasks.
- Perform data verification and data entry.
- Seeks opportunities for continual learning and improvement.
- Participate in test method transfers and assay validations.
- Support onboarding and qualification of laboratory equipment and GMP software systems.
- Assist with the generation of SOPs related to test methods and product release.
- Assist in drafting technical documents including test methods, validation documents, and deviations.
- Implement change controls, lead investigations, and complete CAPAs in support of GMP operations.
- This position will support preparation of quarterly and annual reports, trend investigations, statements of quality, and other applicable reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Requires knowledge of environmental and utility monitoring programs, compendial microbiological testing (Bioburden, Endotoxin) and testing of water for injection.
- Experience working in a GMP laboratory.
- Strong organizational skills in a high-throughput environment.
- Excellent communication with clear and concise writing & verbal presentation skills.
- Ability to interact well in a team environment
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work long hours with physically demanding work, wearing appropriate cleanroom garments and in utility support grey space areas.
- Education: Minimum BS in Biology, Microbiology, or other scientific discipline.
- 3-5 years’ Laboratory and/or GMP experience.
- Strong understanding of Microbiology related to drug substance or drug product manufacturing.
- Experience with relevant analytical laboratory equipment and software.
$29.93 - $35.91 per hour
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.