AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply, Right, On time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com.
The Senior Director, Supply Chain Management oversees all aspects of purchasing, production planning and scheduling, and inventory control. This is an exciting opportunity to develop and execute a comprehensive supply chain strategy that will allow the site to cost effectively scale the business while meeting internal and external customer service commitments.
- Direct activities of all functions involved in purchasing, planning, and control of materials in a cGMP biologics manufacturing facility from the receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to the delivery of the finished product into finished goods inventory and delivery of products.
- Responsible for oversight and management of logistics for semi-finished goods, raw materials/components, and finish goods manufactured by, procured for, or sent to the facility from various third parties, globally and across project/product lifecycle.
- Lead the Supply Chain organization by partnering with cross functional and cross site leaders driving transformation and optimization at all levels of the Supply Chain functions and influencing interdependent functions towards change
- Develop, implement and execute strategic Supply Chain Management business processes in support of site business objectives ensuring global policies are followed and local procedures are executed ensuring cGDP and cGMP compliance, in a highly matrixed and global CDMO organization
- Define and drive localized capacity planning, production planning, material requirements models driving local S&OP processes to feed into global S&OP processes
- Develop site multi product, multi-client production and material planning business processes working closely together with local Procurement/Buying personnel and Global Supply Chain Planning representatives to ensure compliance with global policies and feeding up into Global S&OP
- Work closely with project managers to transition products from development to commercialization
- Review total demand (commercial and development) and develops plans that maximizes capacity utilization whilst ensuring service level to customers
- Implement a balanced scorecard that encompasses Both operational and financial metrics.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets accordingly
- Develop annual Supply Chain strategy aligned with global Supply Chain to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives that optimize operational efficiencies, e.g., DOH inventory/ inventory turns, service levels, procure savings targets, maximize profitability, and support dynamic changes in market conditions.
- Ensure the application of Lean and other methodologies to drive cross functional SCM-related process improvement, attainment indicators would include inventory turns, inventory valuation, expiry costs, out of stock, departmental budget, development of personnel, and a safe work environment.
- Coach and mentor staff in maintaining excellence on GMP, quality control, and safety.
- Ensure processes/people are effectively utilizing SAP as the global ERP system and serve as the Milford Super User for cross functional training and routine troubleshooting, conduit into optimally leveraging global business processes and IT tools to manage day to day activities as well as improvements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills using typical business communication methods with the ability to communicate effectively to various audiences including customers, peers, superiors, and potential clients without compromising company objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and create cost effective solutions.
- Proven expertise in mentoring/development, change management, planning/organizing, managing execution, and revising the work plan for complex problems solved by cross functional teams.
- Experience in a GMP environment highly desirable
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) preferred.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management required; MS desired
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in a supply chain/logistics role (pharmaceutical, medical device, or biotechnology industry experience preferred).
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience managing supplier/customer relationships.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in MRP or ERP forecasting in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Equivalent education and experience may substitute for stated requirements
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances