AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics and cell and gene therapies. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply, Right, On time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com.
The Materials Control Specialist II supports the movement of raw materials and finished goods in support of manufacturing and development operations.
- Support manufacturing operations through receiving of materials, processing materials in GMP warehouse, supporting delivery between sites/buildings, picking and issuing materials
- Perform timely and accurate transactions in ERP and related inventory/data management systems.
- Dispense materials to support manufacturing
- Handle hazardous materials, perform detailed measurement/portioning, perform aseptic technique in a clean room setting
- Help organize and clean warehouse; ensure material identification, status, location, movement, and quantities are accurate, timely and correct.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement related to warehouse operations, processes, and procedures, to produce reduction of labor, or improvement in quality or accuracy.
- Conduct cycle counts, inventory/discrepancy research and coordinates year end physical count.
- Understand and adhere to SOPs and cGMP compliance regarding materials control in multiple storage locations and conditions.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of job aids, training materials, and qualification processes, deviation/CAPA/CR’s.
- Ensure warehouse safety standards are upheld, and notifies management staff of any issues, observations, or concerns regarding violations, or potential enhancements to department safety.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our customers, both internal and external.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Basic Computer literacy and ability to perform accurate transactions.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to complete HAZMAT training
- Ability to learn to handle key inventory item processing; API, Cell Banks, Vial Pulls
- Ability to regularly generate process and initiate improvement suggestions to support key initiatives proposed by management
- Attention to detail while making adjustments, locating errors, and resolution of inventory issues
- Strong ability to communicate verbally or in writing. Ability to generate Job Safety Analysis suggestions
- Ability to communicate clearly and interact constructively with peers.
- Ability to work hours necessary to support production and /or maintenance activities
- Ability to gown for a clean room unassisted.
- Ability to operate hand truck, lift trucks and other equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, with or without assistance of tandem lift or other materials handling equipment
- Ability to work in confined spaces, near operating equipment, and ability to work in loud noise environments.
- High School diploma plus a minimum of 2+ years of experience in materials management or inventory control position in cGMP environment; BS degree a plus
- Forklift certification required
- Extended use and experience with ERP, MRP and inventory management systems.
- First Aid, CPR, or emergency training required
- APICS, NAPM, or CLM certification or equivalent training is highly desirable
- WSDL required
- Equivalent education and experience may substitute for stated requirements
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.