AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply, Right, On time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com.
AGC Biologics is currently expanding the Operational Excellence team and is offering a unique opportunity to join a company in rapid development. Operational Excellence Business Partner II for Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing.
If you are ambitious, structured, and yet innovative and want to become part of our Lean Transformation journey, managing new Lean initiatives across departments? Join a dynamic and international company where everyone is responsible for delivering right on time as one team!
About the department
You will join a newly established Operational Excellence department under the oversight of a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Transformation leader. The team will consist of 3 to 5 Operational Excellence Business partners, covering all functional areas at the Seattle (Bothell) site, including Technical Operations, QA/QC and Supply Chain. We are responsible for facilitating and actively supporting both global as well as site-specific Operational Excellence initiatives.
We are looking for experienced Lean partners to support our growing number of improvement initiatives across different departments. In this newly established position, you will report and work with the director of Operational Excellence and your team members. You will be a key player in leading Lean projects together with key internal stakeholders and possible external partners as well as planning change management activities and equipping leaders to facilitate continuous improvement.
You will be responsible for setting the direction for our Lean projects in the pipeline. Through interviews, data collection, dialogue and analysis with the involved areas, you will present business cases and be responsible for driving and implementing standardization and improvement projects as well as new innovative projects.
This role is a unique opportunity to influence the direction of the site and set the standard operational excellences and truly make a difference for your own development, those at the Bothell site, as well as our customers who need life-saving medicines.
To succeed in the job, you thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have a strong desire to create a foundation and standards, achieve and maintain operational excellence and contribute to cross-functional initiatives. You naturally create a positive and inspiring environment around you and possess excellent collaboration skills.
The main responsibilities are
- Identify, define, and execute improvement initiatives
- Initiate and develop business cases for improvement projects
- Create a pipeline of new innovative ideas for implementation
- Report and follow up on KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Implement strategy and structure for core Lean elements (e.g., visual management, problem solving, waste identification)
- Participate in the global Operational Excellence team with colleagues in similar roles at each site across the network and identify cross-collaboration opportunities
- Ensure training activities are available for colleagues to engage with and learn through the Lean initiatives
As an Operational Excellence Business Partner II you
- Interview and collect data from key business partners (quantitative and qualitative)
- Analyze large data sets in Excel (or equivalent) to identify opportunities and drive fact-based decisions
- Build dashboards/visuals using Excel (or equivalent) to explain/communicate improvement impacts (e.g., process performance and identify opportunities for improvement)
- Partner closely with other areas to create recommendations on optimization opportunities
- Ensure ongoing improvements in our processes and procedures
- Act as systems thinker, business analyzer, barrier breaker and facilitator
- Help drive and anchor change in the organization
- Provide project leadership and management (conceptualize, design, develop, communicate, and implement)
- Coach middle management as well as area leads on continuous improvement concepts and how to effectively implement and adopt them into their daily rhythm of business
- Possess the ability to see how the parts connect to the whole operation and respond cross-functionally to meet production and business goals, quality standards and company values
- Always keep the bigger picture in mind, yet understand the importance of minding the details
- Coach, lead and champion improvement ideals to help others along their Lean / continuous improvement journey
The ideal candidate is expected to have
- A degree in natural science, engineering, operations or supply chain management
- Strong business acumen, judgement and maturity with the ability to connect improvement efforts to business value
- Solid IT skills
- 5-9 years of Lean experience, including identifying, managing and driving process improvement efforts
- Understanding API/QC/QA/SCM processes is preferred but not required
- Lean Six Sigma Green Certification is preferred but not required
- Communications skills: ability to communicate with management, peers, and subordinates effectively
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.