AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply, Right, On time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com.
The Senior Planner/Scheduler is responsible for the support and coordination of Bill of Materials (BOM’s), production orders, and coordination of information and deliveries using MRP in a cGMP environment. In addition, this position is responsible for determining and managing adequate Raw, WIP and Finished Goods inventory levels to meet customer delivery service expectations for, Make-To-Order and Purchased Finished Goods products while also meeting inventory objectives. This position requires a high degree of analytical capability with a combination of both strategic and tactical skills to optimize the complex balance between customer expectations, inventory, capacity, lead-time, lot-size and other supply chain factors. The role interfaces with Process Development, Process Transfer, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Warehouse, and suppliers on a daily basis.
- Monitor, apply judgment and react to inventory, backorder and service levels of purchased raw and manufactured finished goods to achieve customer service and business objectives
- Based on Re-order points or customer’s orders, schedule production orders while consider set-up time, scrap, material changes, component availability, and lot sizing.
- Maintain database parameters working on cross functional basis to identify and obtain data used in materials requirements planning and system applications.
- Work closely with Master Scheduler in coordination of suppliers and carriers according to lead time with flexibility as schedules change.
- Coordinate product specifications, BOMs, and provide cross functional support on initial product/supplier quality issues, tooling, MRB, and corrective actions.
- Adheres to SOPs and cGMP compliance accurately reflecting material status, labeling, movement, UOM, and inventory control of raw materials, management of WIP, and the handling, storage, and shipment of finished goods - under multiple storage conditions.
- Manage daily MRP exception reports for purchased Components supporting manufacturing schedules and Finished Goods while optimizing on-hand inventory and meeting service requirements.
- Communicates at all levels to ensure proper planning, purchasing, materials management, and inventory control objectives and strategies are achieved and supported as requested and in line with company objectives
- Actively manage Slow Moving and Excess & Obsolete stock utilizing established business processes and systems.
- Communicate material supply issues proactively with all required business functions
- Initiate corrections to BOM’s with Engineering for third party materials and manufactured items.
- Attainment Indicators:
- On-time procurement
- Inventory optimization
- Standardization of processes
- Safe working environment
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal, in the English language and good presentation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computer software such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques
- Good analytical skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Self-starter and independent worker who is able to work in a fast paced environment under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and exhibit great time management discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain, Logistics, Industrial Management, or Material Management required
- 8+ years of experience Planning/Buying or Materials and Production Planning, preferably in a GMP pharmaceutical environment required
- Certified Production and Inventory Control Management (CPIM) preferred. APICS, ISM, and/or ASQ Certifications a plus.
- Experience with an ERP required, preferably Dynamic AX
- Working knowledge of Capacity Planning and forecasting is a plus.
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.