AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics and cell and gene therapies. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply, Right, On time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com.
AGC Biologics is poised for significant growth in revenue generation and overall profitability through major capacity and productivity expansion, technology development, system and process improvements, and people development. To help support this rapid growth, we want to attract and hire the best talent from anywhere in the world.
In this new role, reporting to the Vice President of Global HR Center of Excellence, Sr. HR Program Manager, Global HR Operations and Mobility will provide critical input into, and play an instrumental role in implementing and continually improving a global mobility/relocation strategy that meets current and future international recruiting needs for all U.S.-sites. They will partner closely with regional and global teams, including HR, Recruiting, and other business managers to identify and define mobility needs, deploy new policy, and drive continuous process improvement. This includes strategy and ongoing project management of international sourcing, visa navigation, business and individual tax regulations and procedures, onboarding, and ongoing cultural acclimation and education.
This role also focuses on HR operations at global levels including reliable workforce data with workforce reporting and analytics, HR compliance and risk management, and build capabilities for HR through operational excellence.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, this person will:
- Identify and manage strategic global partnerships with universities, industry networking groups, biotech/life science organizations, and others to source qualified talent individually or in cohorts.
- Work closely with government agencies to obtain visas and other necessary documentation to successfully relocate individuals/cohorts to the U.S. with support from internal HR and Legal.
- Provide initial strategy and guidance to supporting stakeholders in the design and implementation of our global mobility/relocation program, including policies, standards, and processes across our Global HR team to deliver a thoughtful and quality candidate experience.
- Scale and influence cross-functional relationships across recruiting, HRBPs, Talent Acquisition and other teams to assess the relocation program against business needs and market trends to ensure teams and program are scaled to support our growth.
- Provide ongoing, timely, and reliable program guidance and training to recruiters, HRBPs, Talent Acquisition, and other key internal stakeholders, escalating as necessary to Global HR Leadership Team.
- Create exceptional people and partner experiences at scale by driving ongoing operational efficiencies, enhancing policies and processes, and evolving the program through internal and external feedback and data analysis.
- Develop strategies to identify and mitigate risk and provide timely solutions, including overseeing management of regional requests and developing appropriate escalation ladders.
- Provide regular communications to update and motivate the HR organization in its continued transformation in support of a positive, successful, and engaged company culture.
- Ability to travel globally as needed. Currently estimated between 0-10% of the time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 8-10 years of experience in global mobility/people operations with specific working knowledge of cross jurisdiction immigration policies and procedures, and HR project/program management.
- International / expatriate experience is a plus
- Professional HR experience in both HR core operations and HR Center of Excellence
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels and lead transformational practices across the program and articulate global mobility/relocation progress to leadership and stakeholders.
- Vendor management skills with a focus on accountability and building/nurturing relationships.
- Results Orientation: Knows how to get things done in an effective and efficient manner with available resources. Plans and prioritizes work, sets and accomplishes goals, and completes quality work on schedule. Maintains a sense of urgency in accomplishing work and strives to continually improve company and individual performance.
- Decision Making: Makes timely and sound decisions based on a combination of analysis, experience, and judgment. Consults others, as appropriate, and understands and takes into consideration how decisions impact others. Ability to handle challenges under pressure, with thoughtful people management and mentorship skills/ability.
- Focus on Team Work: Develops and maintains adequate satisfaction levels with internal and external audiences, including candidates, partners, and government agencies. Demonstrates a bias toward action, quality, and collaboration. Builds constructive and effective working relationships, and is committed to the success of all candidates and stakeholders.
- Experience in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-oriented work environment, dealing with ambiguity, navigating through uncertain situations, and quickly adapting to change.
Bachelor's degree in human resources, international studies or related area; MBA and/or a graduate degree in a related discipline is highly desired. Global mobility or related credential(s) e.g., GMS, CPA, CRP, GPHR
$120-$155K base salary
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.