AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply. Right. On Time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com .
The Director/Senior Director of Human Resources will play a crucial role in shaping and executing the human resource strategy in support of our people, the Seattle site operating plan, and strategic direction of AGC Biologics’ U.S. operations. This position will report to the Vice President of Human Resources for the U.S. and will be responsible for promoting a work environment that exemplifies the company’s mission and vision. The right individual for this role will serve as a cultural leader and role model who embodies the company’s core values with special emphasis on overcoming the impossible and exceeding expectations. Additionally, this position is a strategic business partner to the leaders and their teams to translate business strategy into a detailed HR strategy and plan. This includes using HR solutions which are both creative and thought leading as it relates to the business group. This role will support the site’s goals to hire, engage, develop, and retain top talent and build the organizational capabilities required for short and long-term business success. Additionally, this role will represent HR on the Seattle Site Leadership Team.
- Drive and manage the successful execution Human Resource initiatives that promote attraction, retention, engagement, growth and sustainability of the SEA site located in Bothell, WA. Partner with the US HR team and SEA site-level Leadership Team to develop and drive new and refined people programs and services.
- Work closely with the site-level Leadership Team to understand the leadership and management development needs of the business and then work collaboratively with our Center of Excellence teams to design and implement trainings, programs, succession strategies. Make recommendations to the Vice President of Human Resources - US for improvement of organization’s talent practices, policies and procedures on personnel matters.
- Identify key Human Resource trends, challenges and opportunities that will enable the business to accelerate the business, engagement employees, and protect the business and our employees.
- Support global HR initiatives in the development and design of Human Resources strategies and programs to include: Talent Acquisition and Employment Branding; Total Rewards strategy; Performance Management; Employee Development – Organizational Development, Succession planning, Career Planning; HR Systems.
- Operate with an action-oriented approach knowing how to measure the results of various HR programs and responding to the dynamic needs of the team.
- Insure the effective implementation of performance systems and processes that facilitate the focus on individual, department and site-level performance (Key Performance Indicators).
- Model behaviors and ways of working that exemplify integrity, diversity, compassion, a coaching mindset and collaboration.
- Function as the expert on organizational issues and serve as trusted advisor and business partner to leadership team.
- BA/BS in Business Administration or related field
- 10 to 15 years of professional HR experience, preferably within the life sciences industry, with strong expertise in all areas of employment law, talent acquisition, talent management, change management, employee engagement, etc.
- Experience working in a fast-pace, action oriented, dynamic work environment
- Track record of managing a high performing HR team
- Successful track record working with a highly educated, technical work force is preferred.
Personal Skills, Attributes, and Qualifications
- Managing Vision and Purpose.Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate individuals, departments and organization.
- Staff Leadership. Translates mission, vision, values into actionable goals and objectives. Provides adequate structure, direction and feedback. Creates environment where staff feel valued, respected, enabled and empowered. Shows appreciation for and rewards individual and group excellence. Demonstrates high standards of ethics and fairness. Takes appropriate risks and encourages staff to do the same. Works through conflict and insures productive resolution. Maintains confidentiality of private and sensitive information.
- Cultivates a culture of collaboration, curiosity, openness and information sharing. Demonstrates integrity and honesty in all communication. Having a coaching mindset, have the willingness to speak the truth with honest, transparency, and humility and not be afraid to advocate positions even when unpopular. Provides constructive feedback. Avoids blaming others.
- Job Knowledge and Skills.Possesses required knowledge and skills to successfully perform job. Rapidly embraces and applies new ideas and approaches where doing so adds value. Is innovative in approach and open to partnering with multiple stakeholders.
- Customer Focus/Team Work.Develops and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction levels with internal and external audiences. Demonstrates a bias toward service, quality and teamwork. Builds constructive and effective working relationships. Is committed to the success of all stakeholders.
- Results Orientation.Knows how to get things done in an effective and efficient manner with available resources. Plans and prioritizes work, sets and accomplishes goals, and completes quality work on schedule. Maintains a sense of quick action, get things done approach, to accomplishing work. Strives to improve company and individual performance. Transparent in sharing team successes as well as challenges in an effort to improve achieve KPI’s for the organization.
- Takes personal responsibility, leads by example and conscientious. Demonstrates initiative and is committed to and enthusiastic about achieving company success.
- Business Acumen:Knows how business’s work and has a sense of curiosity with the unknown; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the job market and the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Decision Making.Makes timely and sound decisions based on a combination of analysis, experience and judgment. Possesses an action oriented drive. Consults others (leaders, peers, and subordinates) as appropriate. Understands and takes into consideration how decisions impact others.
- Additional education and experience may substitute for stated requirements
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.