AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics and cell and gene therapies. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply, Right, On time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com.
This newly created Operational Excellence Director/Sr Director role will begin by serving the Seattle Manufacturing Site in working to implement a new Lean Production System (LPS) for AGC Biologics. The individual will directly report to the Executive Vice President of US Operations, thus ensuring any systems being installed are translated to the rest of the US Network of manufacturing sites.
This individual will act as a senior continuous improvement champion, and help others see the bigger picture in terms of performance and improvement opportunities across the entire scope of the Seattle Site and the US Network.
This person acts as a leader and architect to building capabilities that support the goals of transforming our culture into a new way of working: one free of wastes, has established smooth flow, and an aligned collaborative spirit amongst all employees. This expert is viewed as the top Lean-Six Sigma expert at the Site who coaches and mentors all others.
Essential Job Duties:
- Takes active leadership of lean deployment, lean thinking mindsets, and improving maturity
- Leads large focused improvement and optimization along the Lean journey including initiatives which cover the all the operational dimensions of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Engagement and Cost.
- Ability to influence with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to alignment.
- Have a high tolerance for ambiguity, being humble, curious and vulnerable, when faced with challenges.
- Possess a contribution mindset fueled by an inner drive to take initiative without being directed to do so.
- Demonstrate effective leadership through communication, respect, influence, persuasion, and trust.
- Designs, recommends, and coaches in continuous improvement methodologies (such as Kata, Kaizen, A3 thinking, and other structured problem solving.
- Facilitates, assists, and champions in business process management and the teams applying continuous improvement methodologies.
- Effectively partners with site leadership to understand root causes for gaps and identify potential issues between existing and desired states, and recommends best plans for resolutions that will contribute to closing identified gaps.
- Create an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation and inspire team to achieve goals in the immediate and longer term.
- Leads decision making support and make recommendations regarding best options.
Education / Experience:
- BS / BA degree with 15+ years of industry experience; or Master’s degree with 12+ years of industry experience.
- Extensive previous experience in Lean settings, and experience with Lean Implementation preferred.
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.