A challenging and varied job in our Analytical Development Department in Copenhagen as a planning coordinator and Team leader is open for a new colleague with analytical protein knowledge and planning experience and a strong ability to drive interdepartmental collaboration.
The team leader is responsible for the analytical development PD support team consisting of six technicians and 2 scientists as well as planning for additional 4 -6 technicians from other teams in the department. More specifically, the team execute the samples analysis in analytical development coming from Upstream Process Development, Downstream Process Development, Production Engineering runs, and AD studies e.g. non-GMP Stability, in use studies, forced degradation studies, cleaning verification etc.. The candidate will participate in analytical troubleshooting arising from the sample analysis in collaboration with the other team leads in the department.
Moreover, the Team Leader will direct the day-to-day planning of which analytical assays are to be executed and results delivered, through visual planning with the team and rotating personnel from the other teams in the department. This takes place based on close collaboration with internal customers and an overall priority of projects. On a daily basis, the tasks also include improvement of laboratory workflow to reduce the turn-around-time for analytical samples results requested. Analytical Development is looking for an engaged and ambitious person with excellent planning skills, which are good at operating in a very changeable setting, where priorities can shift fast based on customer needs. The team Leader is responsible for scientific sparring in relation to the execution of analytical assays as well as planning of instrument usages, reagent availability and preparation, which include the supervising 4-5 students helpers in the department.
- Team Leader - Functions in a team setting efficiently with other team members and team lead peers within Analytical Development.
- Planning of execution of analytical samples according to requests and timelines
- Plan utilization of department instruments.
- Deliver analytical results to the requesters
- Monitor team member’s participation, engagement, and performance to ensure individual performance in the team setting.
- Communicate clear instructions and feedback to team members and listen to team members' feedback.
- Manage the flow of day-to-day operations in the team – ability to balance workload over several projects simultaneously.
- Facilitate and or provide training for team members on a as needed basis.
- Develop team strategy to reach team and department goals.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, internal and external quality standards, and relevant regulatory standards.
- Provides innovative solutions to logistic challenges surrounding the analytical support - Provide scientific support to analytical trouble shooting.
- Reports and updates to department manager on the team's progress.
- Supervise the student helpers in the department.
- Secure input to updates of analytical procedures and worksheets to improve execution excellence.
The position offer interaction with a large number of stakeholders, and is unique in having contact with all internal departments involved in process development, analytics and manufacturing for engineering runs. You will be introduced to a large diversity of biopharmaceutical analytical methods and be an active player in their executions. The daily challenges will vary a lot, and two days will never be the same.
Within this broad working area, many different customers’ projects and with various biopharmaceuticals the AD department differs from traditional AD lab. The position requires an engaged excellent planner, ambitious employee and in depth knowledge within analytical. AD have a close collaboration with customers, and departments across the organization to gain control of all steps in the manufacturing processes.
- Degree in science, engineering, or a related field (MSc. or PhD)
- Knowledge of protein structure and biochemistry
- Experience with analytical sciences and planning of analytical execution for biologics
- 5+ years experience in an analytical setting preferable with both experience within HPLC, CE and bioassay methods for biologics.
- 2+ years experience with planning in a complex settings
- Preferably 1+ year as 1st line manager
- Good English communication and ability to effectively communicate with others engaging with team members and colleagues of various cultural background, with an ability to obtain buy-in from all key stakeholders
- Ability to apply organizational skills to systems and efficiency improvement.
- Strong driver of interdepartmental tasks with the ability to keep the end goal in mind and prioritize between many different tasks
For further information please contact Helle Wendelboe, Director, Analytical Development email@example.com
We will process the applications in the order they arrive. Therefore, please submit your application and CV as soon as possible.
We also urge you to follow us on our LinkedIn Company Page and give us a quick Like on Facebook !