AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics and cell and gene therapies. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply, Right, On time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com.
The Sr. Engineering CAPEX Specialist is part of AGC Biologics’ dynamic Engineering team and is a key contributor to achieving Engineering strategic goals. This position is responsible for working cross-functionally across the company to support and deliver the best value in product selection, performance, quality, service, and pricing. This role also manages purchase order generation and delivery tracking as well as monitoring key project milestone deliverables.
- Support $20-60M in CAPEX and up to $10M in MRO
- Support Manufacturing & Engineering by driving procurement activities for Capex and OPEX projects (initiation phase through execution phase)
- Partner with internal stakeholders to define product/service requirements and identify qualified vendors
- Manage RFx process; establish vendor evaluation framework; make recommendations on vendor selection.
- Negotiate, draft and redline commercial components of service contracts for consulting/professional services/staffing vendors (including MSA’s, amendments, statements of work, and other contractual agreements)
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure optimal quality, cost, and delivery (including KPI’s, Scorecards, etc.)
- Support troubleshooting of AP – Supplier issues.
- Achieve optimal total cost of ownership while mitigating supplier risk
- Achieve cost savings goals through bidding and negotiations; partner with procurement team to develop cost savings measurements and tracking process. Manage Engineering and Maintenance Purchasing contracts database (contractor/consultant services, construction, trades, OEM services). Manage CAPEX financial tracking and reporting
- Oversee reporting for key project milestone deliverables
- Support Engineering and Maintenance leadership with site master planning and periodic budget process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the company
- Ability to establish successful cross-functional relationships
- General understanding of Capex financial analyses (ROI, NPV, cash flow, total cost of ownership, etc.)
- General understanding of process engineering and equipment/facility design
- General understanding of cGMP biopharmaceutical manufacturing
- Adept at problem solving/multi-tasking in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Proficient with basic project management tracking tools
- BS/BA degree in related field required (i.e. Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering)
- 3-5 years of experience in CAPEX/MRO Procurement and project controls required
- Experience supporting Capex procurement projects within a cGMP manufacturing environment; RFx, supplier selection, project execution, cost and timing management and project close activities
- Experience working in Life Science industry – highly desirable
- Experience in strategic sourcing analysis and implementation
- Experience in the creation, negotiation, and administration of contracts
- Equivalent education and experience may substitute for stated requirements
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances