AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply, Right, On time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com.
The Automation Engineer IV is responsible for improving work force productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, scheduling, and coordination of maintenance/calibration resources, parts, materials, and equipment access
This position is responsible for installing an automation machine, ensuring that all machines are operating correctly. In addition, this position is responsible for developing and designing the concept, choosing and programming a controller and ensuring the proper communication between the actuators connected to the controller, simulating, installing, testing and managing electrical or mechanical automation and finally monitoring
the automation processes on an ongoing basis. In addition, this position trains staff to use the machines, managing a team, making sure safety regulations are met and are up to date, as well as troubleshooting problems.
- Lead/participate in the design, integration, implementation, testing, commissioning, and evaluation of new, computer based automation systems.
- Manage projects and other resources.
- Simulate and test automated machinery or processes.
- Design, engineer, test and troubleshoot control systems.
- Lead/participate in problem-solving activities; engineer and implement solutions
- Interact with internal staff and shop floor personnel, as needed
- Maintain and enhance system documentation.
- Interface with management, other engineers and teams.
- Streamline operations for efficiency, cost saving, safety and reliability.
- Maintain technical project files.
- Assist with the management of budget, expenses and P&L responsibilities
- Develop and manage automation capital projects
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Adaptable; must be willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to focus on the project or task at hand and consistently deliver error free results
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrated proficiency with all Windows based programs, knowledgeable with any CMMS program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with multi-level audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to write investigations and standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Versatile with various automation systems (Delta V, Allen Bradley PLC, SCADA, distributed I/O, BMS, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in automation, process control, or engineering (Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical) required; EIT or PE highly desirable
- Professional Automation certification preferred
- FDA/GMP knowledge required.
- Minimum of 8 years designing, installing, and troubleshooting complex automation systems as well as leading automation projects.
- Experience identifying new opportunities for automation within the manufacturing process.
- Experience simulating and testing these processes or equipment to ensure they function as desired
- Experience writing reports for senior colleagues outlining new concepts, testing outcomes, and ongoing efficiency
- Experience programming new automated components (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Delta V, etc.) to the manufacturing process
- Experience developing and maintaining clear and accurate documentation of automation equipment or processes including commissioning and validation (IOQ)
- Experience training staff training where necessary, typically after implementing new processes or equipment, or making changes to existing ones
- Experience troubleshooting automated processes or equipment when errors occur
- Experience working on design of plant system such as Purified Water, HVAC, Steam, Compressed air and Chilled water systems in addition to equipment such as reactors, mixers, centrifugal pumps
- Experience using CMMS system (Maximo, BMRAM, etc.) required; experience using Rockwell Automation software a plus.
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.