AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply. Right. On time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com .
The Global VP, Project Management is responsible for all global customer project activities and customer satisfaction, including leadership and development of the Project Management Directors at each Site for AGC Biologics. This position can either be located in Copenhagen or Seattle.
The position is expected to drive business growth in all regions through a highly customer centric approach to project execution and will report directly to the global Chief Technical Officer and align to the AGC Biologics' Vision and Strategies. The successful candidate will develop and implement plans to achieve global project development objectives and ensure continuous improvements and alignment across all Sites. This role is fully responsible for developing and leading the global project teams to generate revenue and achieve individual and team goals. We are looking for a proven Project Management Executive with great energy, leadership, and initiative to drive performance and grow our partnerships with our customers worldwide. This role works in in close collaboration with the Global Business Development Organization.
This role provides leadership on successful execution of program and portfolio direction and how to manage timelines and project controls across internal functional and organizational lines as well as with external clients.
- Lead the regional Directors, Project Management at our sites in Copenhagen, Seattle, Boulder, Chiba, Heidelberg and Milan, who are responsible for the site-specific project management teams.
- Provide guidance in program direction for planning, organizing, developing and integrating projects across multiple functional areas across different sites.
- Create and manage detailed project and portfolio plans to ensure clarity and attainment of milestones and timelines; develop mitigation plans as needed to achieve project deliverables.
- Develop and track project performance metrics, develop plans to ensure metric achievement.
- Provide feedback to executive management of project and portfolio progress, scope changes and new business opportunities.
- Cultivate effective communication, cooperation and trust with clients.
- Achieve all global project management targets.
- Oversee and assist in the global management of project and portfolio progress, scope changes and new business opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with Business Development to enhance customer experience in all regions
- Set, organize and diligently track global project management KPI’s.
- Build and sustain positive, effective and trusting relationships and alliances, both internally and externally.
- Coordinate both internal and external technical, legal and/or financial due diligence activities regarding regional business opportunities, as needed.
- Provide market intelligence to Project Management group and relevant cross-functional teams.
- Represent the company at business meetings.
- Serve on pertinent Joint Steering Committees
LEADERSHIP SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Managing Vision and Purpose: Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about direction and possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate individuals and teams.
- Staff Leadership: Translates mission, vision and values into actionable goals and objectives. Provides effective structure, direction and feedback. Creates environment where staff feel valued, respected and empowered. Shows appreciation for and rewards individual and group excellence. Demonstrates high standards of ethics and fairness. Takes appropriate risks and encourages staff to do the same. Works through conflict and insures productive resolution. Maintains confidentiality of private and sensitive information. Cultivates a culture of openness and information sharing. Demonstrates integrity and honesty in all communication. Is willing to “speak the truth” and advocate positions even when unpopular. Provides constructive feedback. Avoids blaming others.
- Job Knowledge and Skills: Possesses required knowledge and skills to successfully perform the job. See also “ KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITY REQUIREMENTS”.
- Customer Focus/Team Work: Develops and maintains excellent customer satisfaction levels with internal and external audiences. Demonstrates a bias toward service, quality and teamwork. Builds constructive and effective working relationships. Is an effective collaborator and is committed to the success of all stakeholders.
- Results Orientation: Knows how to get things done in an effective and efficient manner with available resources. Plans and prioritizes work, sets and accomplishes goals, and completes quality work on schedule. Maintains a sense of urgency in accomplishing work. Strives to improve own and team performance. Transparent in sharing team successes as well as challenges in an effort to improve and achieve team KPI’s. Takes personal responsibility, leads by example and is conscientious. Demonstrates initiative and is committed to and enthusiastic about driving to organizational success.
- Business Acumen: Understands very well how the CDMO industry works. Knowledgeable in policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Decision Making: Makes timely and sound decisions based on a combination of analysis, experience and judgment. Consults others, as appropriate. Understands and takes into consideration how decisions impact others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated highly successful project management skills.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Effective and efficient at managing multiple resources to get things done while maintaining a detail focus.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at once without losing track, as well as foreseeing and planning around potential obstacles.
- A highly motivated self-starter, capable of hitting the ground running and excelling in a high growth, fast-paced and highly complex business environment.
- Demonstrated professional and consultative nature: able to listen well and deal calmly with sensitive and/or urgent situations.
- Diligent and thorough with a focus on detail alongside a determination to chase every lead and leave no stone unturned.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Masters’ Degree in relevant scientific discipline (Chemistry, Biology); PhD is preferable.
- Dynamic, hands on professional with 10+ years of proven success driving project management within the biologics CDMO or life sciences industry.
- Experience in contract negotiation required.
- Experience working in the biologics (CDMO) industry required.
- Successful track record managing a high performing team and technical work force is preferred.
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances