AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics and cell and gene therapies. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply, Right, On time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com.
The Director of Project Manager is responsible for managing the project managers who perform Contract Development and/or Manufacturing projects for AGC Biologics. This role provides program and portfolio direction and manages timelines and project controls across internal functional and organizational lines as well as with external clients.
- Provide necessary program direction for planning, organizing, developing and integrating projects across multiple functional areas.
- Effectively build project teams and the project manager team.
- Create and manage detailed project and portfolio plans to ensure clarity and attainment of milestones and timelines; develop mitigation plans as needed to achieve project deliverables.
- Publish clear and concise meeting agendas, action and decision logs, and meeting minutes.
- Develop and track project performance metrics, develop plans to ensure metric achievement.
- Provide feedback to management of project and portfolio progress, scope changes and new business opportunities.
- Cultivate effective communication, cooperation and trust with client.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline; a master’s degree in a scientific discipline or business is preferred
- 10 or more years of relevant work experience – i.e., in development and/or manufacturing – in the biotechnology, medical device or pharmaceutical industry
- 5 or more years relevant Project Management experience
- 5 or more years personnel management experience
- PMP certification from the Project Management Institute
- Demonstrated working knowledge of cGMP
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to lead, direct, and motivate cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational skills and financial discipline; ability to prioritize work and drive team accomplishment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Advanced software skills, particularly with Microsoft Project and the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to understand and administer client contracts and agreements, develop statements of work and write amendments
- Ability to work weekend and evening shifts as required
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.