Agari is the Trusted Email Identity Company™, protecting brands and people from devastating phishing and socially-engineered attacks. Using applied data science and a diverse set of signals, Agari protects the workforce from inbound business email compromise, supply chain fraud, spear phishing, and account takeover-based attacks, reducing business risk and restoring trust to the inbox. Agari also prevents spoofing of outbound email from the enterprise to customers, increasing deliverability and preserving brand integrity.
Agari is looking for a technically strong, energetic, highly collaborative, and passionate leader to manage our software engineering teams. In this role, you’ll work closely with other managers from all departments to deliver features on a roadmap to customer delight.
- Coach, mentor, provide career directions and conduct performance appraisals to direct reports.
- Grow the team and participate in Hiring/Recruitment process.
- Collaborate effectively with peer engineering and product leaders on requirements and trade-offs.
- Comfortable testing hypotheses using available data.
- Implement and coach teams on Agile and/or Kanban best practices and directions.
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly.
What we're looking for
- 2+ years development management or team lead experience.
- You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team.
- 5+ years software and systems delivery experience.
- Proficient with Ruby on Rails or other web framework combined with a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience developing distributed systems which can handle data at scale.
- Experience in Agile environments/Agile methodologies.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Ability to practice secure development methodologies during design, implementation and maintenance of Agari products and services
- Ability to address vulnerability and security issues in application development maintenance according to industry best practices (i.e., OWASP Top 10, SANS CWE)
- Experience building and scaling applications and components using Amazon Web Services.
- Knowledge of email authentication technologies (SPF, DKIM, DMARC).
- Experience with relational databases and SQL. PostgreSQL experience is a big plus.
Why we're a great place to work
- Won Best Places to Work 2018
- Fast-growing cyber security start-up –Won the best Email Security Solution 2018
- Competitive benefits package – equity included!
- Hard working people with a lively office environment
- Weekly company events – lunches, social happenings, etc (We like to have fun too!)