Agari is the Trusted Email Identity Company™, protecting brands and people from devastating phishing and socially-engineered attacks. Using applied data science and a diverse set of signals, Agari protects the workforce from inbound business email compromise, supply chain fraud, spear phishing, and account takeover-based attacks, reducing business risk and restoring trust to the inbox. Agari also prevents spoofing of outbound email from the enterprise to customers, increasing deliverability and preserving brand integrity. Learn more at agari.com.
We believe strongly in autonomy for our engineering team; in collaboration with the product owners and engineering colleagues, our engineers are empowered to make decisions about every aspect of our architecture and development process. We value learning through pairing on unfamiliar areas of the stack with someone knowledgeable and by attending conferences and classes. Learn more about our Engineering team here: https://medium.com/job-portraits/scaling-products-scaling-teams-whats-next-for-engineering-at-agari-ad8f4f90e862
You will be responsible for day-to-day development and high availability of Agari Phishing Defense’s data pipeline and related services. In summary, your future role consists of:
- Working in a collaborative manner with your product owner and scrum team to scope and prioritize feature requirements and engineering backlog.
- Investigating technologies and designing products and services with other top engineers.
- Creating applications that fundamentally protect people on the Internet.
- Practicing secure development methodologies during design, implementation and maintenance of Agari products and services
Your Keys to Success
- Ability to identify needs, take action in a collaborative manner, and communicate well with Agarians from all departments.
- Experience developing distributed systems which can handle data at scale.
- Expert level experience with Java or Python.
- Experience with relational databases, SQL, as well as key-value stores (DynamoDB).
- Experience building and scaling applications and components using Amazon Web Services -- Kinesis, DynamoDB, RDS, S3, Athena, ElastiCache, EC2, Lambda
- Experience with automation tools like Terraform and Ansible
- BS or MS in Computer Science or comparable experience.
- Comfortable using Linux in a development, test, and production environment.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm.
- Deep PostgreSQL experience.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery tools: e.g. Drone, Jenkins, or Spinaker.
- ElasticSearch experience.
- Knowledge of email authentication technologies (SPF, DKIM, DMARC).
Why we're a great place to work
- Won Best Places to Work 2018
- Fast-growing cyber security start-up –winner of the Best Security Company of the Year at the Annual Cyber Security Awards 2020
- Competitive benefits package -equity included!
- Hard working people with a lively environment
- Fun company events – social happenings, etc (We like to have fun too!)