Engineering Program Manager at Agari
Founded by thought leaders of Cisco’s IronPort solutions, we’re on a mission to protect digital communications so humanity prevails over evil.
Agari is transforming the email security landscape with the next-generation Secure Email Cloud™ powered by predictive AI. Leveraging data science and real-time intelligence from trillions of emails, Agari has a suite of products that detect, defend, and deter costly advanced email attacks.
Agari is trusted by leading Fortune 1000 companies, including 6 of the top 10 banks and 5 of the world’s leading social media networks, as well as Government Agencies, to protect their organizations, partners, customers and citizens from advanced email phishing attacks.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Agari is backed by Alloy Ventures, Battery Ventures, First Round Capital, Greylock Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, ScaleVP, and now Goldman Sachs.
Position Summary aka “Your Future Role”:
As part of the Product Development Team at Agari, you'll plan and execute strategic initiatives and manage operational aspects of software delivery. You will drive complex programs and initiatives across multiple disciplines primarily product delivery, launch, adoption activities and steering strategic engineering initiatives end-to-end. You will work with HR, Finance and Legal as well as a variety of vendors including AWS.
Our engineering and product management teams, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, are largely remote. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Responsibilities aka “Your Impact”:
- Lead coordination and planning for cross products programs and activities to ensure that the processes run smoothly
- Work directly with AWS and other vendors to ensure cost-effective service utilization and monitor internally for changes in budget or spend
- Manage the interaction between engineering, product and other functions by identifying priorities, defining cross-functional milestones, and coordinating schedules.
- Own systems for project documentation, status tracking, and communication between project stakeholders to ensure delivery and overall program health
- Establish, drive and continuously improve standards for processes that promote a high standard for product delivery and efficiency of teams
- Contribute to an environment that's conducive to great execution culture and removes obstacles to projects completion
Essential Job Qualifications aka “Keys to Success”:
- 5+ years of experience as a project or program manager with experience establishing programs, prior experience managing IT/software projects through full lifecycles
- Proven ability to solve routine and complicated problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, empathy for the needs of all stakeholders, and a track record of delivering projects
- An appreciation for engineering and product management practices and ability to advocate for stakeholders and project owners as needed
- Experience in a rapid growth of the organization, working cross-functionally with teams delivering enterprise software
- Strong bias for action and an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity
Bonus Qualifications aka “Preferred, but not required”:
- Experience working with vendors, particularly Public Cloud Providers such as AWS
- Fluency with any of the following tools: Salesforce, Jira, Confluence, Github, Excel/Google Sheets, Powerpoint/Google Slides, Gainsight, Qlik
- Experience working with Recruiters