Agari is the Trusted Email Identity Company™, protecting brands and people from devastating phishing and socially-engineered attacks. Using applied data science and a diverse set of signals, Agari protects the workforce from inbound business email compromise, supply chain fraud, spear phishing, and account takeover-based attacks, reducing business risk and restoring trust to the inbox. Agari also prevents spoofing of outbound email from the enterprise to customers, increasing deliverability and preserving brand integrity.
We believe strongly in autonomy for our engineering team. In collaboration with product management and engineering colleagues, our engineers are empowered to make decisions about every aspect of our architecture and development process. We value learning through pairing on unfamiliar areas of the stack with someone knowledgeable and by attending conferences and classes. Learn more about our Engineering team here: https://medium.com/job-portraits/scaling-products-scaling-teams-whats-next-for-engineering-at-agari-ad8f4f90e862
As a member of the Agari Product Development team, not only will you have the opportunity to help shape the direction of our Agari Phishing Response product offering, but also collaborate with a group of engineers of various backgrounds and skill sets, to see the product through all parts of the software development lifecycle. Your impact includes the following:
· Day-to-day development and high-availability maintenance of the APR software product, which includes the data-processing pipeline, web application, and related services.
· Working in a collaborative manner with your product owner and scrum team to scope and prioritize feature requirements and engineering backlog.
· Contribute to all parts of the software infrastructure, from the database to UI, CI/CD to QA.
· Be a thought leader in your areas of expertise. If you have architected distributed systems, the team will welcome your guidance on designing solutions and developing best practices.
· Learn more about areas of the software stack in which you have interest.
Your Keys to Success
A successful member of the Engineering team is highly collaborative, naturally curious, and motivated to solve problems. You will have a successful impact to the team, the product, and to our customers with the following recipe:
· At least 5 years of experience in a software engineering environment.
· Ability to identify technical and non-technical needs of a product.
· Ability to communicate well with Agarians from all departments (within the Product/Engineering organization and beyond).
· Experience developing event-driven distributed systems that handle data at scale.
· Proficiency with Python.
· Experience with relational databases and SQL (particularly PostgreSQL).
· Experience building and scaling applications and components using Amazon Web Services.
· Experience developing in and deploying to containerized environments (e.g. using Docker).
· Experience with infrastructure automation tools like Helm and Terraform.
· Comfortability using Linux.
· Knowledge of container orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, EKS, AKS)
· AWS experience with services such as Lambda, SQS, Elasticsearch Service, RDS, CloudFront, or DynamoDB
· Proficiency with Ruby on Rails (or similar, combined with a willingness to learn Ruby)
· Experience leveraging build and continuous integration (CI) platforms such as Drone
· Knowledge of email authentication technologies (SPF, DKIM, DMARC)
· Knowledge of standards for email structure and transport protocols
Why Agari is a Great Place to Work
· Won Best Places to Work 2018
· Fast-growing cyber security start-up –winner of the Best Security Company of the Year at the Annual Cyber Security Awards 2020
· Competitive benefits package – equity included!
· Hard-working people with lively office environments and comfortable home workstations
· Weekly Company Updates, Monthly All-Hands, Virtual Happy Hours, Bi-Monthly Tech Talks and Trivia Nights