Agari is the Trusted Email Identity Company™, protecting brands and people from devastating phishing and socially-engineered attacks. Using applied data science and a diverse set of signals, Agari protects the workforce from inbound business email compromise, supply chain fraud, spear phishing, and account takeover-based attacks, reducing business risk and restoring trust to the inbox. Agari also prevents spoofing of outbound email from the enterprise to customers, increasing deliverability and preserving brand integrity.
Agari Product Development
We believe strongly in autonomy for our engineering team; in collaboration with the product owners and engineering colleagues, our engineers are empowered to make decisions about every aspect of our architecture and development process. We value learning through pairing on unfamiliar areas of the stack with someone knowledgeable and by attending conferences and classes. Learn more about our Engineering team here: https://medium.com/job-portraits/scaling-products-scaling-teams-whats-next-for-engineering-at-agari-ad8f4f90e862
You will be responsible for day-to-day high availability of the Agari platform including all applications and services.
- Work, in a collaborative manner, with your product owner and scrum team to scope and prioritize feature requirements and engineering backlog.
- Practice secure development methodologies during design, implementation and maintenance of Agari products and services.
- Work with the support team to triage and fix customer escalations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Proactively identify, triage, and fix security issues across the Agari platform.
- Investigate technologies and design products and services with other top engineers.
- Maintain a fleet of 1,000 business critical cloud hosts.
Your Keys to Success
- 3-5 years of Software Development experience.
- Proficient in Python or Ruby.
- Insatiable appetite to troubleshoot, understand, and fix complex problems.
- Ability to identify customers’ product needs, take action in a collaborative manner, and communicate well with Agarians from all departments.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience building applications and components using AWS services.
- Experience with a modern version control system such as Git.
- Experience or desire to learn Test-Driven Development.
- Comfortable using Linux in a development, test, and production environment.
Nice To Haves
- Current or prior experience with Customer Escalations and/or Support teams.
- Experience developing asynchronous or parallelized applications.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL. PostgreSQL experience is a big plus.
- Knowledge of email authentication technologies (SPF, DKIM, DMARC).
- Experience maintaining production infrastructure.
- Experience with infrastructure as code such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Knowledge of MS Graph API.
- Knowledge of VMWare.
- Knowledge of Ansible.
- Knowledge of CI tools such as Concourse or Drone.
- Deep knowledge of Linux.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes.
Why we're a great place to work
- Won Best Places to Work 2018
- Fast-growing cyber security start-up –winner of the Best Security Company of the Year at the Annual Cyber Security Awards 2020
- Competitive benefits package -equity included!
- Hard working people with lively office environments, and comfortable home workstations
- Weekly Company Updates, Monthly All-Hands, Virtual Happy Hours, Bi-Monthly Tech Talks and Trivia Nights