Founded by thought leaders of Cisco’s IronPort solutions, our mission is to build new internet scale data driven security solutions that eliminate email as a channel for cyber attacks and enable businesses and consumers to interact safely.
Agari is trusted by leading Fortune 1000 companies, including 6 of the top 10 banks and 5 of the world’s leading social media networks, as well as Government Agencies, to protect their organizations, partners, customers and citizens from advanced email phishing attacks.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Agari is backed by Alloy Ventures, Battery Ventures, First Round Capital, Greylock Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, ScaleVP, and now Goldman Sachs.
We believe strongly in autonomy for our engineering team; in collaboration with the product owners and engineering colleagues, our engineers are empowered to make decisions about every aspect of our architecture and development process. We're AWS hosted and are working hard to automate away as much of the reactive and tedious aspects of development as possible. We have a nice Scrum approach and look to improve with each sprint.
- Work with product stakeholders to identify new product opportunities, new features on existing products, and improve existing features in data driven product focused ways.
- Help build, train, and maintain machine learning and statistical models and corpuses at the heart of our business.
- Help cross functional groups access, visualize, and explain company data.
- Work closely with Data Engineering teams to implement new ideas in performant and stable implementations.
- Work with stakeholders to identify new product opportunities, new features on existing products, and improve existing features in data driven product focused ways.
- Quickly assess the potential benefit of projects to help prioritize what to spend engineering energy and time on.
- Use existing tools and packages where possible, build and invent new ones where not.
- Help measure and summarize efficacy and product impact.
Your Keys to Success
- Strong problem solving skills and comfort with applied math and statistics
- Familiar with at least one programming language suited for data science - python preferred.
- Experience with at least one ml/stats tool - R, scikit-learn, etc
- Practical experience building and nurturing predictive/analytic products
- Experience with several ML techniques and their real world advantages and disadvantages
- Experience with data architectures - RDBMS, NoSQL, Streaming, etc
- Degree in applied science with several years experience in production data science
- Some practical experience with a distributed computing platform
Why we're a great place to work
- Won Best Places to Work 2018
- Fast-growing cyber security start-up –Won the best Email Security Solution 2018
- Competitive benefits package -equity included!
- Hard working people with a lively office environment
- Weekly company events – lunches, social happenings, etc (We like to have fun too!)