Founded by thought leaders of Cisco’s IronPort solutions, we’re on a mission to protect digital communications so humanity prevails over evil.
Agari is trusted by leading Fortune 1000 companies, including 6 of the top 10 banks and 5 of the world’s leading social media networks, as well as Government Agencies, to protect their organizations, partners, customers and citizens from advanced email phishing attacks.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Agari is backed by Alloy Ventures, Battery Ventures, First Round Capital, Greylock Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, ScaleVP, and now Goldman Sachs.
We believe strongly in autonomy for our engineering team; in collaboration with the product owners and engineering colleagues, our engineers are empowered to make decisions about every aspect of our architecture and development process. We value learning through pairing on unfamiliar areas of the stack with someone knowledgable and by attending conferences and classes.
- Coach, mentor, provide career directions and conduct performance appraisals to direct reports.
- Grow the team and participate in Hiring/Recruitment process.
- Collaborate effectively with peer engineering and product leaders on requirements and trade-offs.
- Comfortable testing hypotheses using available data.
- Implement and coach teams on Agile and/or Kanban best practices and directions.
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly.
What we're looking for
- 2+ years development management or team lead experience.
- You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team.
- 5+ years software and systems delivery experience.
- Proficient with Ruby on Rails or other web framework combined with a willingness to learn Ruby.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience developing distributed systems which can handle data at scale.
- Experience in Agile environments/Agile methodologies.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Ability to practice secure development methodologies during design, implementation and maintenance of Agari products and services
- Ability to address vulnerability and security issues in application development maintenance according to industry best practices (i.e., OWASP Top 10, SANS CWE)
- Experience building and scaling applications and components using Amazon Web Services.
- Knowledge of email authentication technologies (SPF, DKIM, DMARC).
- Experience with relational databases and SQL. PostgreSQL experience is a big plus.
Why we're a great place to work
- Won Best Places to Work 2018
- Fast-growing cyber security start-up –Won the best Email Security Solution 2018
- Competitive benefits package -equity included!
- Hard working people with a lively office environment
- Weekly company events – lunches, social happenings, etc (We like to have fun too!)