Afresh is on a mission to eliminate food waste and make fresh food accessible to all. Our first A.I.-powered solution optimizes ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments in brick-and-mortar grocers. With our Fresh Operating System, regional and national grocery retailers have placed $1.6 billion in produce orders across the US and we've helped our partners prevent 34 million pounds of food from going to waste. Working at Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by leveraging uncommonly impactful software – we hope you'll join us!
About the Role
As a VP of Account Management at Afresh you will be in charge of building and managing a team of Account Executives who manage our customer relationships. This role will work closely with our customers to identify key pain points and areas of opportunity for Afresh to deliver further value to their business. Your team will be directly responsible for both renewal and expansion opportunities within our existing customer base. We are looking for someone who can create excitement in our clients, help them appropriately prioritize their goals with Afresh and establish themselves as a trusted advisor and Afresh as a strategic partner. In this role we will expect you to:
- Relentlessly focus on growth for Afresh, yourself and your team, and how Afresh can do things better, faster, more efficiently.
- Establish yourself as an industry thought leader and build deep relationships with C Suite executives across the industry.
- Able to drive full cycle enterprise sales process and coach others on your team to do the same and deliver on quotas.
- Be ruthlessly focused on delivering value for our customers. Willing to constantly go to bat for our customers to ensure we deliver on our promises as an organization.
- Serve as a coach and mentor for the growing Account Executive organization. Be a thought partner for the team through our customer journey.
- Establish yourself as a key leader at Afresh to effectively collaborate across Product, Operations, Engineering to ensure that customer needs are appropriately prioritized
- Develop a team that can deliver value and growth for our partners with a lens towards how Afresh can build process to efficiently scale.
- Manage complex customer relationships across Fortune 100 companies.
- Manage and support the team through renewal and expansion cycles with our customers.
Skills and Experience
The following represents attributes our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
- 12+ years of field sales experience focused on generating new business within enterprise accounts (Fortune 100 Companies) with an emphasis on supply chain and retail/grocery related technology.
- 4+ years building and leading a team of Account Managers.
- History of understanding customer pain points, strategic initiatives and mapping solutions to meet those needs.
- Natural curiosity for customer challenges and intuition for mapping solutions to help solve those pain points.
- Ability to balance trade-offs across multiple customers and arrive at win-win scenarios for our portfolio of customers.
- Proven ability to establish deeper relationships with C Level executives across multiple customers.
- Experience managing quota of $10M+ in renewal and expansion opportunities.
- Pro-active, strategic thinker who can work cross functionally to drive right outcomes for Afresh.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship management skills.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced startup environment.
- BA/BS required.
- Travel up to 75%
Afresh is committed to pay equity and providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits package. Afresh conducts a pay equity audit twice each year to ensure that jobs of similar scope and impact are paid similar amounts. The final compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as the role’s scope, complexity, internal equity, the candidate’s experience/expertise, and success through the interview process.
Total Compensation (Salary plus On Target Earnings):
Founded in 2017, Afresh is working on the #1 solution to curb climate change: reducing food waste. By combining human insight and transformative technology, we're helping grocers provide fresher food to customers at more affordable prices.
Afresh sits at an incredible intersection of positive social impact, rocket ship financial growth, and cutting-edge technology. Our best-in-class AI research has been published in top journals including ICML, and we've raised over $148 million in funding from investors including former co-CEO of Whole Foods Market Walter Robb and Eric Schmidt's Innovation Endeavors.
Fresh is the past, present, and future of our food system – the waste we create today will impact our planet for years to come. Join us as we continue to build a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values of proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.
Here at Afresh, many of our employees work remotely provided that they reside in one of the following states: AR, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MT, MO, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OR, PA, TX, WA, WI. However, there may be key roles that will require a candidate/employee to be local to our San Francisco, CA office. In which case this requirement will be included in the job posting details under "Skills and experience" for reference.