Afresh is on a mission to eliminate food waste and make fresh food accessible to all. Our first A.I.-powered solution optimizes ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments in brick-and-mortar grocers. With our Fresh Operating System, regional and national grocery retailers have placed $1.6 billion in produce orders across the US and we've helped our partners prevent 6.9 million pounds of food from going to waste. Working at Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by leveraging uncommonly impactful software – we hope you'll join us!
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager who can build out a product area from 0 to 1 that enables Afresh to ingest messy, non standardized data in an automated and reliable way. You'll solve one of the toughest product problems we have, but solving it is well worth the investment as this product area is absolutely critical to unlocking accelerated growth at Afresh. While this area requires you to truly understand our data, it also requires you to truly understand the customer facing integration experience. You'll conduct user research and work with design to build out user facing data ingestion monitors, alerts, and debugging experiences so that your IT customers can self resolve issues in the integration as they arise. You'll be working with an incredibly hardworking team of engineers, designers, and product managers to define and own your the product vision for data ingestion. In this role you will:
About the role
- Develop the multi-year vision, strategy, and roadmap for our next generation Data Platform.
- Create high quality product specifications and plans that directly contribute to the successful delivery of our data platform improvements.
- Synthesize and share your product’s needs through deep analysis of data systems, our customer’s data, and the customer’s integration process.
- Hire, coach, and manage the other product managers in the Data Platform product group.
- Evangelize your vision and excite others about the next generation Data Platform at Afresh.
- Build the processes and structure to collaborate effectively across other product teams, ensuring that we are collecting and effectively processing all the data needed to power the downstream product experiences.
Skills and experience
The following represent the skills and experience our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
- 4+ years experience as a product manager in a fast paced environment.
- Technical fluency that enables you to creatively explore possibilities and challenge constraints with engineering, with demonstrated ability to earn the respect of talented engineers.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather data, both qualitative and quantitative, emerge with insights, and make and communicate well-reasoned decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, logical reasoning, and storytelling, with proven ability to collaboratively work across a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience creating product roadmap(s) from conception to launch, driving product vision, defining go-to-market strategy and leading design discussions.
- Prefer experience with SaaS companies.
The above represent attributes our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
Founded in 2017, Afresh is working on the #1 solution to curb climate change: reducing food waste. By combining human insight and transformative technology, we're helping grocers provide fresher food to customers at more affordable prices.
Afresh sits at an incredible intersection of positive social impact, rocket ship financial growth, and cutting-edge technology. Our best-in-class AI research has been published in top journals including ICML, and we've raised over $148 million in funding from investors including former co-CEO of Whole Foods Market Walter Robb and Eric Schmidt's Innovation Endeavors.
Fresh is the past, present, and future of our food system – the waste we create today will impact our planet for years to come. Join us as we continue to build a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values of proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.
A qualified candidate must reside in or be willing to relocate to one of these states to be considered: AR, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MS, MO, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OR, PA, TX, WA, WI