Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is committed to building lasting partnerships with merchants for long term growth and ongoing revenue generation. As a CS Lead, you will work with our existing merchants to drive revenue and GMV expansion. The CS Lead position is a high-profile, merchant-facing role requiring outstanding relationship management and program management skills to guide merchants successfully from deployment to optimization. The CS Lead acts as the central post-sale contact for Affirm merchant partners.
This person will report to the Manager, Client Success.
What You'll Do
- You will manage a portfolio of accounts across a variety of industries to foster long-term, strategic business relationships with our merchant partners.
- You will be responsible for managing contract renewals, updating pricing, and expansions.
- You will deliver a proactive client management strategy to drive incremental gross merchandise value (“GMV”) along with revenue, and expand Affirm’s relationship coverage.
- You will analyze merchant performance and recommend programs to increase product adoption, promote marketing best practices, and optimize program financing programs
- You will manage merchant relationship health to ensure that both Affirm and the merchant are gaining the maximum value from the relationship
- You will orchestrate cross-functional teams across our Analytics, Credit, Technical, Marketing, and Product teams to improve the Affirm offering for our merchant.
What We Look For
- 5+ years of B2B client-facing experience; preferably in a high-tech environment
- Experience negotiating and closing commercial contracts (e.g., RFPs, renewals)
- Excellent customer relationship management skills with the ability to manage strategic accounts
- Experience in managing cross-functional projects with a high attention to detail
- Strong written (e.g. proposals, memos, e-mails) and verbal communication (e.g. presenting) skills
- Excellent analytical abilities to review merchant performance and report on the impact of specific programs to internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of consumer finance offerings, integrated software solutions, and e-commerce preferred
- Comfortable using Salesforce and BI tools
Pay Grade - USA47
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
USA On Target Earnings (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT) per year:
USA On Target Earnings (all other U.S. states) per year:
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.