Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The ML Platform team’s mission is to develop a self-service foundation for applications of machine learning that will provide scalable business impact. This team works in close partnership with ML engineers to deliver systems that enable fast paced ML development. Affirm’s goal is to build the largest network as measured by the number of users and merchants. Machine learning is a critical tool in this effort.
We are looking for highly motivated senior engineers to help. Come join us!
What You'll Do
- Design and build Affirm’s next generation ML model server, API gateway, and observability framework
- Evaluate and onboard cutting edge MLOps frameworks in service of ML Platform’s mission to ship robust models as fast as possible
- Develop infrastructure for training and serving ML models at scale across multiple regions
- Design self-service and user-friendly tools, APIs, and services that power all of ML at Affirm
- Partner with ML engineers, product engineers, and platform infrastructure engineers to launch impactful new initiatives; your systems will launch models that decide who we lend to in real time
- Serve as a trusted advisor on the application and implementation of ML across Affirm
What We Look For
- 4+ years of experience
- Strong engineering background and demonstrated experience with building data infrastructure and real-time, distributed systems
- Experience with data frameworks such as Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes, Airflow, and Flink
- Experience with cloud service providers such as AWS
- Experience with Python
- Interest in developing ML models
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the capability to drive requirements with product and engineering teams and to present technical concepts and results in an audience-appropriate way
- Ability to work efficiently both solo and as part of a team; willingness to learn new things and mentor others
- Passion to change consumer banking for the better, while developing a deeper understanding of machine learning systems
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 22,042 - 27,550 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire. We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.