Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Our mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives extends beyond borders. Consumers across the globe need safe, transparent financing. Our retail partners need Affirm to be there for them, wherever that might be. To help achieve this vision, we are expanding our product lines and becoming a global company. We’re just getting started, and we’re looking for a strong product leader to take on this big challenge!
As a data-driven organization, we focus on automating decisions around a host of areas such as consumer credit, merchant risk, and merchant pricing. To achieve our high-reaching goals for these areas, we’re looking for a Senior Product Manager of Merchant Risk to join our Product Team.
This role will enable us to scale and grow our merchant network to hundreds of thousands of merchants through seamless automated decisioning powered by machine learning! You will drive the product strategy for the key product areas of merchant underwriting and portfolio management and build robust systems to assess, monitor, and mitigate credit and fraud risk across platforms, channels, and geographies.
We're looking for someone who has...
- A deep appreciation for workflow optimization, automation, and operational excellence
- Ability to champion the use of data to drive automated decisions online and offline
- Experience in platform and service-oriented architectures to build for scale
- A thorough understanding of how to apply algorithms
- Familiarity with the machine learning model lifecycle from ideation to deployment
What You'll Do
- Develop the vision and strategy for new and existing merchant risk products to maximize the value we provide to our customers and scale operational workflows
- Drive product roadmap and own prioritization process for the Merchant Risk domain.
- Lead and guide product direction for a cross-functional team of engineering, analytics, and platform partners. All with a platform mindset.
- Define product requirements, work with engineering teams in sprint planning and prioritization of user stories to deliver the requirements, work with other stakeholders on planning and launching the products/features.
- Engage and cultivate relationships with product, engineering, and platform partners to influence shared cross-team directions and manage risks or trade-offs.
- Communicate clearly and crisply with leadership stakeholders and drive alignment across multiple teams and organizations through formal operational processes and in scrappy ways
What We Look For
- 4+ years experience in Product Management
- Ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate customer problems and drive alignment with cross-functional teams and leadership
- Comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Excellent at identifying and prioritizing high impact initiatives
- Experience developing data-driven strategies for streamlining and improving operations - all without sacrificing product quality
- Familiarity with a highly regulated industry preferred
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 22,042 - 27,550 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire. We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.