Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We've opened an office in Poland with a goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year. Read more about our plans here.
Debit+ is Affirm’s newest financial offering; it marries the ubiquity of a debit card with access to Affirm's buy now pay later financing options. Our customers love that they can use the same instrument for their everyday purchases as well as for considered purchases that they’d like to pay for over time. Our work is focused on expanding the reach of our product to new customers and to improve their financial lives.
The Debit+ Engineering team is looking for a passionate Staff Software Engineer to help build our product, financial, and operational systems. We are a full-stack & collaborative team, focused on delivering the right outcomes to our customers, so our work spans from launching new product features to improving the robustness of our financial platform. We operate with a high level of technical capability, strong cross functional communication, and a creative mindset.
Affirm is experiencing explosive growth with millions of customers across thousands of merchants in-store and online, and your contributions will be a key enabler of that growth. Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What You'll Do
- Design, plan and implement new financial product deliverables
- Work cross functionally with colleagues in product, design, analytics, finance, legal, machine learning, and engineering teams
- Design & build APIs, services, and data models to work with frontends, third-party platforms, and internal systems
- Mentor engineers on the team to help improve their designs, code quality, and testing.
- Develop a deep understanding of the payments & lending product spaces
- Establish effective monitoring, alerting, and on-call rotations to serve this mission critical area
- Build relationships and engage with management across the USA and Europe
What We Look For
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer
- A strong understanding of distributed systems and how architectural decisions affect performance and maintainability
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining consumer scale products.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be proficient in asynchronous mode of communication–written tech specs, wiki, project plans, etc.
- Excellent project management skills–high degree of organization and ability to surface critical information effectively.
- Work with our Product team to extend our product offerings while maintaining system reliability
- Passion for working with multi-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Python/Kotlin development experience is a plus.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 25,792 - 32,233 PLN
- Type of employment: Contract of Employment
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
- This role is eligible for creative tax benefits, subject to applicable law and company policy
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
**This job description is not a contractual document, and is not intended to have binding force.**
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire. We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.