Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Comms Platform is responsible for Affirm’s consumer messaging systems. We provide a scalable, fault-tolerant abstraction on-top of messaging vendors that enable teams to focus on their core product experience. Our stakeholders rely on us to process billions of messages across SMS, Email and Push with strict regulatory and deliverability constraints.
Affirm is growing rapidly and so is the need for reliable, highly available platform capabilities. As the Engineering Manager for this team, you’ll be responsible for defining the next evolution of our platform. If solving challenges at scale excites you, come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Redefine the vision, strategy and roadmap to deliver modern, simple and developer-friendly user communication capabilities.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering and analytics teams to identify opportunities to evolve.
- Drive planning and prioritization of projects based on product, technical, and business goals by leveraging relevant resources and data.
- Drive rapid, measured impact against the team’s Key Results (OKRs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Coach and mentor employees to increase their impact through regular performance development and feedback conversations.
- Cultivate a respectful and supportive environment for all team members that effectively leverages the diversity of the team.
What We Look For
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and 3+ years as an engineering manager.
- Extensive experience with large-scale, globally distributed systems.
- Track record of successful collaboration with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Analytics and Business.
- You are not dogmatic, and believe in solving problems with the right tool for the job.
- Expert at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- Humble and authentic leadership which places the needs of others first and helps people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand opportunities to learn and grow. Ambiguity is where you thrive.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 25,792 - 32,233 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire. We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.