Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We've opened an office in Poland with a goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year. Read more about our plans here.
The Shopping Core ML team’s mission is to deliver state of the art ML algorithms that will help build robust and scalable customer products. We use a data-driven approach to solve the problems and deliver ML-powered smart user experiences on the consumer apps and website. This team works in close partnership with our product managers, application and website teams to deeply understand the problems and deliver the most impactful solutions. We are constantly faced with challenges at industrial scale such as Personalization, Information Retrieval, Relevance Ranking and are pushing the boundary of how Affirm thinks of its data.
We are looking for highly motivated senior engineers to help build this team in Poland. Come join us!
What You'll Do
- Build and manage the Shopping Core ML team.
- Design, develop, and deploy a ML-powered solution for building effective personalized user experiences, search optimization and other challenging problems in customer space
- Build tools for our team to enable (1) personalization of content (2) relevance ranking, and (3) better and more effective information retrieval
- Drive planning and prioritization of projects based on product, technical, and business goals.
- Partner with Analyst, Data Science, and Product engineering teams to build production machine learning models; your models will decide what, when and to who will be shown in our app and website
- Collaborate with engineering teams, product managers, designers and analysts to deliver high quality and effective ML-powered customer experience.
- Hire, coach, and mentor engineers to increase their impact through regular performance development and feedback conversations.
- Foster a respectful and supportive environment for all team members that effectively leverages the diversity of the team
What We Look For
- 3-5+ years of experience as a software, or machine learning, engineer with leadership responsibilities and 1+ years as an engineering manager.
- Strong programming skills in Python. Experience using frameworks for machine learning and data science like scikit-learn, pandas, numpy, XGBoost, TensorFlow, mllib
- Experience developing and scaling production systems in a service oriented architecture
- Proficiency in machine learning with experience in areas such as gradient boosting, deep learning, recommendation systems, computational advertising, reinforcement learning, financial forecasting, time series analysis, anomaly detection, monte-carlo simulations, and Markov decision processes
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Expert at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- Track record of hiring, mentoring, coaching, and developing diverse engineering talent.
- Comfortability with ambiguity and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 25,792 - 32,233 PLN
- Type of employment: Contract of Employment
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
- This role is eligible for creative tax benefits, subject to applicable law and company policy
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
**This job description is not a contractual document, and is not intended to have binding force.**
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire. We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.