Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Affirm’s Service Infrastructure team is building a large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant global infrastructure shared across multiple financial products, merchants and vendors. Ensuring that our infrastructure is transparently available to engineers and scales efficiently to stay ahead of business growth is a critical part of Affirm’s success story. Service infrastructure organization is responsible for building and scaling foundational infrastructure across multiple AWS regions, Multi-region/DR strategy, Kubernetes (K8s) fleet management, Capacity Engineering, Observability and SRE to enable high availability and reliability for Affirm partners and customers. We pride ourselves on our culture across engineering design, architecture, writing detailed tech specs and automating running large scale operations via code.
We are looking to hire a Senior DevOps Engineer for the Service Infrastructure team. This is a mission-critical role of ensuring our large-scale infrastructure systems are healthy, automated, and designed to scale. You will be partnering closely with the product and platform engineering teams to maintain a high availability and reliability SLAs for Affirm services. We are looking for engineers with strong coding or operations background and a passion for scalable and resilient cloud infrastructure, who pride themselves in creating self-healing, resilient, and secure infrastructure.
What you see below is a team spec - do not worry if you don't fit all the criteria. We are looking for Cloud and Site Reliability engineers that can work together as a DevOps team and provide the best solutions for other engineers at Affirm.
What You’ll Do
- Design, create and expand monitoring and visibility systems to ensure the stability of our team's services.
- Analyze, and review internal Affirm applications to design and implement improvements
- Manage infrastructure using best practices of infrastructure as a code
- Provide self-service solutions for Affirm engineers to streamline their work
- Write high-quality, testable, and easily digestible code that will serve as best practice templates.
- Review others’ code and designs and provide constructive feedback to meet our high-quality standards.
- Serve as a technical resource across engineering, especially in guiding product development teams in areas of performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Provide daily and on-call support to other engineering teams.
- Optimize Affirm systems and code for cost efficiency, security, and compliance
What We Look For
- 6+ years of experience
- Proven coding or scripting skills, preferably Python, Golang or Kotlin
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience in the public cloud (preferably AWS)
- Design and development of highly available systems (99.99%+ SLA)
- Infrastructure as a code - preferably Terraform
- Mentoring and enabling other engineers
- Extensive knowledge of monitoring solutions (e.x. Prometheus, ELK)
- Cloud cost management
- Coaching, public speaking, managing communities
- Mentoring and enabling other engineers
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
- Developing multi-region cloud solutions
- Solid experience in cloud networking - both on the cloud and within Kubernetes
- Experience with databases and optimizing database usage within the infrastructure
- -Good knowledge of SDLC tooling, including CICD systems, artifact, and container repositories
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 25,792 - 32,233 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.