Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Affirm’s Customer Advocacy and Retention (CAR) team houses our customer complaint experts. The mission of this team is to advocate for our customers by diagnosing and resolving critical consumer interactions, continually improving experiences, building a community of engaged users and ultimately retaining customers to enable business growth. When customers share their painful experiences with Affirm, the CAR team has invaluable insight into the breaking points of our products, processes, or policies. As we learn from and champion for these customers, we use their voices to improve customer experience, deliver fair outcomes and repair relationships.
As a Complaints Manager, you will be a strong, supportive people lead for our team of Customer Advocacy Associates. You’ll train your team to ensure we provide the most empathetic experience possible. In addition, you will drive critical metrics and OKRs, to achieve, develop and optimize processes and provide regular coaching and feedback to help facilitate team growth.
What You'll Do:
- Coach, teach and mentor team members on providing exceptional service, prioritize assignments and balance workload through mentoring, guiding and providing clear, constructive, real time feedback
- Build policy, process and training materials to support the team’s knowledge and understanding of the business in (e.g. training manuals, standard operating procedures, job aids, etc)
- Provide hands-on assistance to team members while serving as an escalation point for sophisticated case or customer issues
- Set performance expectations and individual goals for each team member and create improvement plans to address any performance gaps
- Assist team with skill development and provide guidance for individuals to create career development plans
Improve the Customer Experience
- Responsible for the review, response and recording of both direct consumer complaints and regulatory complaints according to both domestic and international policies and procedures
- Build the quality review process on team output to ensure quality, accuracy, consistency and compliance against regulatory requirements
- Develop and handle procedures to ensure effective customer complaint coordination and resolution between multiple outsourced contact centers and internal teams domestically and internationally
- Ownership and communication of complaint drivers throughout various forums and ensure appropriate action is taken to repair poor experiences in the future
Drive Continuous Improvement
- Drive programmatic improvement through process and continuous improvements projects to deliver uplift in efficiency and performance; this means using Voice of the Customer to identify root cause issues of complaints and prioritize improvement opportunities with our product and service offering
- Establish, maintain, and share operational metrics, productivity goals, and work standards for team and individual performance
- Regularly report on key business metrics and shifting trends including insights around the team’s performance and productivity
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Must have between proven experience in customer care, complaints management or social care and a minimum of 1 year experience in a people management position
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, including strong time management skills
- Proven leadership skills, including ability to mentor, motivate and encourage team members as well as facilitate employee engagement sessions
- Ability to encourage effective collaboration and problem solving by engaging team in decision making and brainstorming sessions
- Experience working directly with customers, cross functional teams and other partners
- Thrives in a faced-paced environment with ambiguity, constant change and a rapidly growing team; is able to make measured, objective, data-driven decisions every day
- Demonstrated ability to drive a continuous improvement and productivity focused culture within a team
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.