Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help lead projects and initiatives on our newest subteam within ML Platform: The ML Developer Productivity team. As an early team member, you will contribute extensively to setting and executing on a vision for increasing ML velocity at Affirm through a focus on developer productivity.
Our mission is to build a self-service, easy-to-use foundation for developing and delivering robust models to production. This is a new team that will focus on creating internal tools used by ML Engineers for fast paced ML development. Specific responsibilities include architecting a unified interface for machine learning development at Affirm, redesigning the ML model repository, onboarding innovative MLOps tools, and owning the ML development environment (JupyterHub, Python virtual environment).
What You'll Do
- Build a unified ML platform that scales from 50 ML Engineers to hundreds of ML Engineers
- Collaborate with ML Engineers, Platform Engineers, and Product Managers to develop a long-term technical roadmap
- Hold a high technical bar with a bias towards longevity and simplicity
- Take an active role in mentoring junior engineers
- Build a strong engineering culture around innovation, accountability, kindness, and execution
What We Look For
- 0-1 years of experience as a software engineer
- A solid understanding distributed systems and how architectural decisions affect performance and maintainability
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining foundational systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be proficient in asynchronous mode of communication–written tech specs, wiki, project plans, etc.
- Passionate about customer experience
- Track record of successful cross functional collaboration skills
- Drive for changing consumer financial services for the better
- Curiosity in ML is encouraged but prior experience is not required.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 16,450 PLN
- Type of Employment: Contract of Employment
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
- This role is eligible for creative tax benefits, subject to applicable law and company policy
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire. We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.