Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Financial crimes team’s mission is to identify, mitigate and report Financial crimes in a consistent, reliable and scalable manner. In leading this team you’ll help Affirm be compliant by building a global sanctions screening engine, case management system and Anti-money laundering risk rating model.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Product, Analytics, Machine Learning, Compliance, Operations and other engineering managers to develop a long term technical roadmap that meets stakeholder needs
- Recruit and hire talented engineers to build a new team
- Hold a high technical bar with a bias towards longevity and simplicity via specification and architecture review
- Coach, develop, retain, and provide thoughtful feedback to team members
- Establish Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to set the engineering team’s direction and measure its success
- Build a strong engineering culture around innovation, accountability, empathy, and execution
What We Look For
- Manager experience: 2-3+ years managing high performing engineering teams
- Technical experience: solid backend engineering fundamentals and real world experience building scalable distributed backend services
- Collaborative: track record of successful cross functional collaboration especially with product managers, business partners, and engineering counterparts
- Potential: ability to grow alongside a fast growing company and team
- Humble: you lead with the humility and self-awareness needed to navigate challenging situations
- Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 25,792 - 32,233 PLN on Employment Contract (UoP)
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.