Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We're looking for an outstanding team member to join Affirm’s Capital Markets team! Affirm Capital is responsible for structuring, negotiating, and executing a critical part of Affirm’s revenue strategy. As a Capital Markets Lead, you will build and own a significant portion of the platform’s funding strategy which drives Affirm’s ability to scale its consumer point-of-sale lending business globally. This is a complex role essential to the functioning of a consumer finance and payments platform. The ideal team member will have strong technical and interpersonal skills and the desire to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Play a meaningful role in developing and executing on Capital Markets strategy to enable the company’s rapid growth
- Own deal processes from start to finish, including structuring, negotiating, documenting, and executing
- Take charge of communication with Engineering, Product, Commercial, and Credit/Risk teams to drive scale for Affirm’s capital platform and funding strategy
- Build and manage relationships with existing and potential investors
- Develop a strong understanding of Affirm’s business from a unique perspective and learn how Capital Markets fits into broader corporate initiatives
What we look for
- 3-5+ years in structured finance, private credit, investment banking, fixed income sales & trading, or another credit-oriented role
- Financial modeling and transaction management experience, along with an understanding of fixed income principles
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- High level of humility, accountability, and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience with SQL or Python is a plus, but not required
- Clear alignment with Affirm’s core values
Location - Proximal to New York
Grade - USA49
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.