Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We're looking for a passionate and analytically minded professional to join the Strategic Finance team. Strategic Finance is responsible for driving company strategy, empowering executive decision making, and guiding the company towards achieving its goals. This high impact, highly visible role sits on the Revenue Finance group, a scrappy, tight-knit team with outsized cross-functional impact and ownership. We help set the company-wide targets, provide forecasts and real time analytics to executives and business leaders, and partner cross functionally to evaluate strategic business and product decisions. The ideal candidate will not only have superb technical skills but also strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and present to all levels of the organization.
What you'll do
- Drive business outcomes through analytic and strategic support for Affirm’s marquee merchant and platform partners
- Develop bottoms up business unit financial models for Affirm’s largest strategic partners
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (i.e. Strategic Partnerships, Product, Revenue Analytics, Merchant Pricing and Credit) to scale partnerships profitably through high impact strategic projects
- Analyze and report realized performance to company leaders and external partners on key top-line performance metrics and targets, and drive accountability for results
- Become an expert on unit economics and growth drivers of large enterprise partnerships
What we look for
- Passion and drive to disrupt the lending and financial industry for the better
- Strong sense of ownership, intellectual curiosity and an ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Excellent communicators who seek out the opportunity - and accountability - that comes with being front and center with company executives
- High attention to detail but an equally important ability to see the big picture and evaluate analyses with strategic business context
- 2+ years experience in fast-paced analytical roles (investment banking, consulting, data science, analytics, etc.)
- Excellent excel ability (you should be prepared for a financial model case study)
- Experience and proficiency in SQL, Python or an interest to learn; Experience using Looker or similar BI tool a plus
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA28
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.