Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Affirm seeks to provide better financial products to improve the lives of consumers. As we continue to grow our Pittsburgh Office, we are looking for Customer Operations Associates and Specialists who will join our team to humbly serve our customers. As part of our Customer Operations team, Operations Associates and Specialists ensure timely and accurate resolution of complex customer inquiries through omni-channel communication, and partner with cross-functional teams to implement new systems and products. Our ideal candidate is ready to learn and develop their career as a part of a dynamic and collaborative team.
What You'll Do
- Resolve customer inquiries predominantly via email with occasional need for phone calls
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and excellent quality assurance scores while working to establish a positive rapport with customers
- Work with consumers and merchants to gather and evaluate evidence to resolve escalated loan processing issues
- Develop new skills and responsibilities by participating in ongoing training
- Help identify trends and areas of improvement such as agent coaching, quality monitoring, and product features
- Participate in the incubation phase of new products and features and assist with ad-hoc projects as needed
- Responsible for independently managing schedules, emails and chat channels in order to drive higher productivity performance and quality scores
- Opportunity to participate in voluntary specialized processes
What We Look For
- Willingness to support operation functions on evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of delivering high quality work independently and virtually while remaining flexible in a fast-growth environment
- Experience interacting with customers in an omnichannel environment (phone, email, chat, etc) is a plus
- Sound judgment and proactive problem solving skills
- Ability to apply analytical thinking in decision making with keen organizational skills and attention to detail
- Collaborative teammate with an interested in learning from cross-functional partners
- Strong follow-through and ability to manage competing priorities
- Mac (iOS) and Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) knowledge a plus
- Level is commensurate with experience.
Location - Proximal to PittsburghEmployees in proximal-to-office roles have the option of working from an Affirm office in the U.S. or remotely, if they are able to return occasionally to the office with one business day’s notice and potentially for consecutive days, in order to fulfill certain job duties and responsibilities. For required in-office presence, Affirm pays expenses for travel to and from the office of up to 90 miles one-way. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, and San Francisco will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.