Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Our Marketing team builds outstanding content and data-driven marketing solutions that communicate the value of Affirm’s product suite to reach more customers and help them understand the potential impact Affirm can have on their business. We implement creative solutions to operational challenges and ensure that the communication to our business partners are flawless and accurate. Our goal is to help merchants expand their user base by offering a different way to pay than credit cards.
The Merchant Lifecycle Manager will own and launch our communications strategy to our merchant partners and inbound leads. They will be responsible for bringing the core pillars of merchant marketing to life via owned channels, such as email and web by crystallizing our messaging and translating our value proposition into actionable marketing plans and lifecycle journeys. They will think of the full merchant lifecycle journey, build GTM marketing plans as we expand into new verticals, develop a marketing playbook to deploy when new prospects have been added to our key target account list, and have a strong vision for how we continue to build our B2B Marketing function.
The ideal candidate will develop and implement programs to drive pipeline - including inbound marketing, email marketing, lifecycle marketing, and content strategy. They will work closely with the paid media team to nurture prospects in the funnel, developing and testing messaging and design. The Merchant Lifecycle Manager will deliver timely informative and engaging content to our lead and merchant base, ensuring they are educated on Affirm’s product features, value propositions, and consistently drive adoption and continued engagement with the Affirm platform.
This position reports to the Director, Business Growth Marketing.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a full funnel merchant lifecycle marketing strategy
- Build different promotions and incentives at appropriate lifecycle stage and collaborate with cross functional teams such as product, pricing and product marketing to move merchants through the funnel and increase merchant activation and revenue growth
- Collaborate with marketing and product analytics to develop an effective measurement framework that connects lifecycle marketing with merchant revenue
- Develop a structured, strategic pipeline for innovation across marketing channels.
- Oversee testing roadmap, analysis, and implementation of findings.
- Delivers relevant and measurable value to our merchants towards team/company OKRs for large cross-functional initiatives.
- Collaborates closely with cross-functional teams such as product, design, and editorial to build a lead lifecycle merchant engagement experience, Revenue Operations, Marketing Analytics, Sales, CS, Demand Gen and Marketing Operations to give life to merchant communication flows to increase full-funnel conversion and drive merchant retention.
- Share findings and results of programs to marketing and cross functional teams
What We Look For:
- 3-5 years in a B2B marketing or email marketing role
- B2B marketing experience passionate about inbound marketing, channel marketing, lifecycle marketing, and content marketing.
- A team collaborator who isn’t afraid to be a stellar executor as well as a strategic problem solver who can see beyond the day-to-day grind to help reach marketing and sales goals, build a stronger brand, and improve the customer experience.
- Ability to be both strategic and maintain an eye for tactical detail
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- 3+ years of proven experience working with a modern marketing technology stack, including marketing automation platforms (such as HubSpot or Pardot), Salesforce, and enrichment tools is preferred
- Strong quantitative focus, including extensive experience in marketing metrics and related systems. Familiar with or able to learn a variety of business application systems quickly is a plus.
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA27
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.