Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
As a Manager, Merchant Care, you will be responsible for the management and leadership of the US-based Merchant Care team to support transactional lending and banking processes on behalf of our merchants. The types of functions the team manages include escalated merchant cases, product bugs & issues, disputes, credit furnishing, and compliance adherence.
You will manage a group of passionate and motivated service professionals to achieve targets and create great merchant experiences. You will coach, develop and lead the Merchant Care team to resolve complex inquiries and process exception cases in an accurate and timely manner. You are instrumental in ensuring the team achieves overall business objectives including productivity, accuracy and merchant satisfaction targets.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a team of Product Support Leads & Specialists in a growth environment including developing the team for future changes, managing the team’s change resilience and minimizing performance impacts associated with change
- Drive employee engagement and a high performance culture ensuring effective performance management, coaching, and development and creating an environment where people can excel through accountability, encouragement and empowerment
- Manage performance metrics across multiple channels including merchant satisfaction, productivity metrics and service levels including handling cases that meet quality standards
- Partner with recruiting to hire candidates and coordinate with training for on-boarding, ongoing learning and to ensure work is being appropriately assigned and evaluated
- Consistently improve the merchant experience across our key channels and products by advocating for the voice of the merchant across internal stakeholders, to ensure that resources are invested in improving the merchant satisfaction and enabling scale
- Use strong presentation and communication skills to report findings and recommendations to operations leadership
- Identify and implement transformational changes to generate efficiencies and drive better merchant experiences while ensuring the teams adheres to regulatory and compliance requirements
- Keep ahead of industry developments and apply standard methodologies to areas of improvement
What We Look For:
- 4+ years of experience in operations people management positions at the manager level with previous experience working in financial services, fintech, or a complex operational or transactional processing role preferred
- Self-starter with strong sense of urgency, high accountability and excellent attention to detail with the capability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Forward thinking approach with ability to problem-solving complex issues to drive shared goals across internal and external teams
- Proven experience in leading teams through major change and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to maintain composure and act as a role model when presented with barriers or when results are not as expected
- Strong merchant empathy and service level focus
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.