Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Content design at Affirm is small, mighty, and growing. We’re looking for an experienced content designer (content strategist, UX writer) who shares our passion to revolutionize how people spend, save, and get credit to join our team.
It’s a fantastic time to join. You’ll work closely with product managers, designers, researchers, and engineers as part of our Purchasing team. This team operates at the intersection of consumer and merchant experiences at Affirm, owning the checkout process across multiple Affirm products. You’ll design and iterate on how users make purchases with Affirm, taking features from discovery all the way through A/B testing. You’ll own and shape the voice of our products, working within the Purchasing team and collaborating with the many other teams the work touches.
You’ll focus both on longer-term strategic considerations and more tactical day-to-day writing. To achieve success in this role, you excel at collaborating with cross-functional partners. You ask insightful questions that uncover gaps and propel teams forward. You move easily between big-picture thinking and fine tuning details. You’re great at communicating, explaining your reasoning, and advocating for the user. And, of course, you’re an excellent writer!
What you'll do
- Work cross-functionally with PMs, designers, researchers, and engineers at all stages of the product development process — from ideas to optimizations
- Contribute your expertise to product strategy and vision (not just “how it should look,” but “what should we build?”)
- Develop first principles at the org, team, and project levels. Help write style guides and other writing guidelines
- Shape product experiences through information architecture, content hierarchy, usability principles, accessibility, and other best practices
- Work closely with stellar legal and compliance partners to finetune language where needed
- Write human UX content that is useful, simple, and smart
- Create and collaborate on user flows, communications (like texts and emails), test prototypes, research questions, and more
- Bring your keen sense of usability to participate in design sprints for new products, helping define flows and features
- Mentor and learn from our greater writing community at Affirm, including brand and technical writers
- Advance brand voice across our products
What we look for
- At least 4 years of UX writing experience, both for web and native products
- A BA or BS in a related field (English, journalism, human factors), or equivalent experience
- Experience and interest in financial services is a plus
- You are deeply fluent in all-around writing skills — you’re a language nerd who lives and breathes UX writing
- You think strategically — you’re comfortable working on complex systems and frame your work around business objectives
- You work independently with confidence and authority — and with minimal oversight
- You love to collaborate and advocate for the user and for content strategy
- You're creative — you’re a natural storyteller with the ability to persuade
- You value and enjoy doing user research
- You participate in and can help run design sprints, both as an advocate for content and a source of great product ideas
- You advocate for a content-first approach to design!
- Level is commensurate with experience
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.