Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We are looking for a self motivated and resourceful Senior Manager, Accounting to join our ever-expanding team. Reporting to the VP of International Finance, the Senior Manager, Accounting will play a key role in the Canadian operations of Affirm, a growth-stage fintech company.
The Senior Manager, Accounting will lead day to day operational duties of the Canadian Accounting Team, including managing the month-end close process, managing daily cash flows, and ensuring successful integration of our accounting systems and processes into Affirm’s systems and processes.
What You'll Do
- Implement new tools and processes to scale the accounting team
- Oversee all monthly reporting to both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring timely completion and submission
- Oversee and reconcile all daily cash inflows and outflows
- Work closely with our external auditors to coordinate the completion of the annual audit
- Work with our engineering and product teams to evaluate, improve, and implement various tools to drive accounting/reporting automation
- Manage operational processes such as payroll, tax filings, payments, etc.
- Other processes and functions, including financial analysis and projects as required
- Lead the accounting team, providing strategic direction, prioritization, resourcing optimiatzation, and coaching
What We Look For
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Accounting designation such as CPA or CA
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in Accounting, Finance or Treasury-related areas
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience
- Experience building out the appropriate tools and processes, and scaling an Accounting team in a similar industry
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, and ASPE
- Proven analysis, cash management, and modeling experience
- Extremely detail oriented and a natural critical thinker
- Strategic, goal driven, focused, with a “can-do” attitude
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.